cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extend expiration of VMWare application state capture

bcsupport
Level 4

Netbackup 5.0.0.1 MR4 on 5240 appliance

I am in need of extending the expiration date on some SQL backups that we take with the Application state capture(snapshot backups) with some of our VMs.  I usually deal with the SQL policies that have a backup id that can be extended and/or copied to tape, but with the application state capture, there appears to be no backup id associated with the backupsof the application.  There is a backup id associated with the snapshot of the machine, but the application state capture seems to run as a separate job.  Does the snapshot of the machine hold the info for the SQL and I can just extend the expiration of the VM backup and this would extend the SQL also?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Michal_Mikulik1
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

yes, extending the retention of backupid associated with the VM backup will extend retention of all restorable items here, e.g. the whole VM, files in it, and MSSQL databases in it.

App State Capture job does not create any new image, just creates some additional metadata (about MSSQL databases) for the VM image.

Regards

Michal

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Michal_Mikulik1
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

yes, extending the retention of backupid associated with the VM backup will extend retention of all restorable items here, e.g. the whole VM, files in it, and MSSQL databases in it.

App State Capture job does not create any new image, just creates some additional metadata (about MSSQL databases) for the VM image.

Regards

Michal

Ok, great.  Thanks for the response.