cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FT media server configuration problem

iclcz01
Level 4

Hi,

could you help me please with following problem?

We have NetBackup 6.5.4 on Solaris 10. I want to configure one of the media servers as FT media server. I tested successfully the configuration on an old server SUN V440 (Solaris 10 5/09).

Now I tried the same on T4 server with  Oracle Solaris 10 8/11 and latest patchset. There are two HBAs:

/SYS/MB/RISER0/PCIE0PCIE  SUNW,qlc-pciex1077,2532           QLE2562
                        /pci@400/pci@1/pci@0/pci@8/SUNW,qlc@0
/SYS/MB/RISER0/PCIE0PCIE  SUNW,qlc-pciex1077,2532           QLE2562
                        /pci@400/pci@1/pci@0/pci@8/SUNW,qlc@0,1

/SYS/MB/RISER1/PCIE1PCIE  SUNW,qlc-pciex1077,2532           QLE2562
                        /pci@400/pci@2/pci@0/pci@8/SUNW,qlc@0
/SYS/MB/RISER1/PCIE1PCIE  SUNW,qlc-pciex1077,2532           QLE2562
                        /pci@400/pci@2/pci@0/pci@8/SUNW,qlc@0,1

I ran the command nbftsrv_config -nbhba and then I restarted the server. Then I was no able to mark the HBA ports as target. Also nbhba -l does not work:

nbhba -l
Jul  4 09:49:07 xxxxxxxx last message repeated 1 time
Jul  4 09:50:51 xxxxxxxx ql2300_stub: NOTICE: stubby: _init() entered
Jul  4 09:50:51 xxxxxxxx ql2300_stub: NOTICE: stubby: @(#) $RCSfile: stub.c,v $ $Revision: 1.20 $ compiled on Oct 24 2008 at 06:30:22
Unable to communicate with HBA ports.
Please ensure that this system is set up correctly with nbftsrv_config.
(Must not be set up as FT Server.)
Error #11: system call failed

I tried to delete the configuration (nbftsrv_config -d) and start again but it it always the same problem.

Do you have some idea what I am doing wrong? I read discussions on this forum but I did not find the answer.

Thank you

1 REPLY 1

ktandel
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi,

I have Linux FT media server setup and configuration steps.

I guess this configuration is same for all Unix and Linux platform.Please find attached file which contain all configuration steps with screenshot

1. Ensure supported Linux Release.

2. Ensure using official kernel levels. Out-of-the-box kernel are recommended for easiest configuration method.

3. Ensure using compatible QLogic Fibrechannel Host Bust Adapter (FC-HBA) controllers.

4. /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/nbftsrv_config -nbhba to enter NBHBA mode to run NBHBA commands.

5. /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/nbhba -l in NBHBA mode to scan and list compatible qlogic controllers.

6. /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/nbhba -modify -wwn <WWPN> -mode target to mark the controller by WWPN for target mode.

7. /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/nbftsrv_config to exit NBHBA mode and load windrivers (and START FT Services).

8. /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bpps -a to check for nbftsrvr and nbfdrv64 processes.

9. /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/vxlogview -i 199 -o 199 -d all to check ftserver logs.