Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HBA scsi reset on SAN Client

AndreaBolongaro
Level 5
Certified

Hi all,

yesterday I installed 6.5.3.1 hotfix on a media server. It is also a FT media server (Linux Rhel4 x86_64).

Before installation,  I stop all NB services (FT service nbftsrvr included) and, after, I restarted them.

The problem is that we had a scsi device reset of HBA on a SAN client (Linux Rhel5 x86_64) and we lost

the SAN on that client.

We have NB master and media server with 6.5.3.1.

It looks like a stopping/restarting of Ft services gives a scsi reset on HBAs on SAN clients.

Anybody had a similar issue?

thank you,

Andrea

3 REPLIES 3

Douglas_A
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

depending what kind of HBA;s they are there could be a multitude of utilities to reset these.

I Would suggest checking the switch and making sure that both the client hba and the master are connecting to the switch properly. and if you cant reset it from the client reset it from the switch this should kick the HBA and reset your paths.

Amit_Karia
Level 6

Symantec recommands using exclusive HBA while configuring FT media server or SAN Client , other than what is being used currently so that you do not face the simmilar issue

AndreaBolongaro
Level 5
Certified

Thank you all for answers, it 's mandatory to have exclusive HBA on FT media server not for SAN client, as I know.

Now I 've opened a call with symantec support.

Bye