Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with a client of netbackup 7.1

manol4ik
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hello everyone, 

I want to know if anyone can help me solve this issue or have some tech notes about it:

My master server is located on the 10.0.0.x network, and i want to back up data from a client located in the 200.6.25 network the hosts are commented and when i want to ping between them its possible. so my question is:

Its possible to backup that server? whitch is the best way for this kind of client???

thanks for the help

Alejandro P.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

If you install the Netbackup client and bptestbpcd confirm the connectivity is there it should be no problem. The Network will ensure traffic is routed between 10.0.0.x and 200.6.25 network. Possible ask the network admin if there is firewall in place that will limit the access.

Please remember that Windows host also has a software firewall. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

If your media server can communicate to the client (for example ping works), then yet, it should just work.

If you have multiple NICS, ensure your routing is set-up correctly at a networking level.

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

If you install the Netbackup client and bptestbpcd confirm the connectivity is there it should be no problem. The Network will ensure traffic is routed between 10.0.0.x and 200.6.25 network. Possible ask the network admin if there is firewall in place that will limit the access.

Please remember that Windows host also has a software firewall. 

Mr_Khan
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Yes it is possible, You only need basic connectivity between master > client, media > client. Ensure you can install the NBU client software remotely the NBU Pre-check will verify it for you.