cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Housekeep Netbackup logs

Poon_William
Level 4
Hi,

How do I housekeep Netbackup logs in the client system (Not Master server)?

Rgds,
WP
4 REPLIES 4

Roobix_Cube
Level 5
For UNIX clients, use the KEEP_LOGS_DAYS entry in the /usr/openv/netbackup/bp.conf file, or alter the Keep Logs value in Host Properties > Master Server > Clean Up.  Netware has a similar entry in the bp.ini file.  Not sure how it works for Windows clients.

ahlip
Level 5
Hi,

For windows clients, check the Windows NetBackup Admin guides, I believe there is similar "days to keep logs" settings in the Client Host Properties (accessed from Master server admin console). Basically this uses bpbkar or bpcd to delete old logs. Only works if there is regular backups running frequently.

regards,
Sin Lip

Poon_William
Level 4
Hi,

Thanks for the info. I checked out the Windows Admin guide. The guide also mentioned only about how Unix client's logs are being clean up but not the Windows clients.

Rgds,
WP

Roobix_Cube
Level 5
Yep, that's what I thought.  I will run a little experiment b/c I'm curious.  Its a long shot, but I know on the master server the Keep Logs cleanup setting is stored:

My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VERITAS\NetBackup\CurrentVersion\Config\KEEP_LOG_DAYS

So, I've created a DWORD in the same location on one of our Windows clients with a value data 2.  I'll report back in three days to let you know if it worked...

Message Edited by Roobix.Cube on 01-23-2008 07:24 PM