cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can one restore a deleted policy?

dragon-x
Level 3
Hey guys/girls!

I'm using Netbackup 6.0 MP4 and this morning I deleted one of my very important SQL policies by mistake Smiley Sad
I wanted to know if there is anyway of restoring the policy? what should I do!? because I had settings in that specific policy that I can't remember!!!! please help me guys!!!
thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ctate
Level 4
I know the policy information on a Windows Server is stored in veritas\netbackup\db\class directory.  There is a directory for each policy.  Those directories have the same name as the policies in the admin console under policies.  In 5.1 I had a corrupted policy and deleted the directory from there to get rid of it.  If you can restore the directory corresponding to that class then you might be able to get it back from there. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

ctate
Level 4
I know the policy information on a Windows Server is stored in veritas\netbackup\db\class directory.  There is a directory for each policy.  Those directories have the same name as the policies in the admin console under policies.  In 5.1 I had a corrupted policy and deleted the directory from there to get rid of it.  If you can restore the directory corresponding to that class then you might be able to get it back from there. 

dragon-x
Level 3
ctate! it worked!!! i really really really appreciate the help, thank you! Smiley Very Happy

ctate
Level 4
Hey, Thanks for letting me know the outcome.  Glad I could help.

MohitK
Level 4

ctate..is it possible to restore a policy if the corresponding folder in veritas\netbackup\db\class directory cant be found/restored??
I could recreate the policy but I dont remember all the policy specific settings..
Thanks

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Please start a new thread? This one is close to 3 years old and was actually solved.