cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can remove previous successful login history from NBU administration console.

Shah1
Level 3

I need to remove the previous login history from Netbackup administration console. I just want to clean up that drop down user name history. Please see below screenshot.

180px_1_0.JPG

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Shah1
Level 3

Thank you so much. It solved the issue. It was under AppData folder.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Shah1
Level 3

I need to remove host name entry from NBU 6.5, 7.1 & 7.5 Netbackup Aministration console.

Thanks for the provided link it was very helpful, however I'm not able to remove the host name from NBU 7.1 & 7.5 Java console.

I used below path and it worked on NBU 6.5 java console only.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JavaSoft\Prefs\vrts\nbe\/N/B/E/Login/Lists\vrts-nbe-/Admin/Console

Could you please tell me that how can i remove host name entry if i'm using NBU 7.1 & 7.5 Java console?

Thanks,

Marianne
Level 6

This is where I found it on my Windows 7 laptop:

C:\Users\Marianne\Application Data\Veritas\java\750000\_vrts_nbe_NBELoginLists_vrts-nbe-AdminConsole_prefs.properties

('List folder contens' had to be enabled on Application Data folder in order to find this file...)

Shah1
Level 3

I have Window 7 on my laptop as well. But i don't see Application data folder on above location. Also I have java console installed on C: program files. I checked it there but don't find it there either.  

I'm checking on below path.

C:\Program Files\Veritas\7.5\Java

Under java folder i see750000_system folder but not the path you mentioned above. Is there any thing that i need to look for into registry and made changes there?

Shah1
Level 3

I can only edit host name or server name from NBU 6.5 java console by going on below loaction.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JavaSoft\Prefs\vrts\nbe\/N/B/E/Login/Lists\vrts-nbe-/Admin/Console

I want to remove the host name from NBU 7.1 & 7.5 as well.

Couldn't find any thing on the registry.

Marianne
Level 6

It is no longer in the registry - it is in Application Data under your user name in C:\Users.
The Application Data may be a hidden or System folder.

In Windows Explorer, check Organize -> Folder and search options.
In the View tab, select 'Show hidden files', and de-select 'Hide protected operating system files'.

Then check permissions of this folder as per my previous post.

Shah1
Level 3

Now I'm able to see the Application data folder however, I don't have permission to go into this folder. Not sure how can i get permission to access this folder?

Shah1
Level 3

I just checked this folder properties to see whether i have permission or not. I have full permission to this folder, however still not able to see the content. Not sure how can i enable the folder content.

please see below screenshot.

2.JPG

Will_Restore
Level 6

try AppData folder just above it

depends on your system setup, our path is like this:

C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Veritas\java\...

Shah1
Level 3

Thank you so much. It solved the issue. It was under AppData folder.