cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add client list into backup archive restore menu

nit
Level 3
Employee Accredited

in the java console BAR GUI window Action ==> specify netbackup machine and policy type ==> when i click on the browse tab for source client and destination client for restores I can see only the master server, where as we have 24 cleints in the host properties.

Tried manually typing a clients name, but still not able to add it in the browse option.

what do I need to do in order to be able to see all the clients

environ: RHEL 5.5

Netbackup 7.0

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I have just checked our lab master (Linux).

I get the following: (Master server hostname in 3 fields)

When I click on Browse next to Source client, I can see all 7 clients for which policies exist.

When I click on on Browse next to Destination client, I can see all 7 clients for which policies exist.

Server name must ALWAYS remain the name of the Master server.

I have changed the three fields for illustration purpose.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Baski
Level 5
Partner Certified

Hi Nit,

Can you try from Bprestore command or BP command from command prompt

path:-  /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bp

here you can see Menu based for all your restore taks...

Normal you can add clients in BAR GUI.  Do you have sufficient previliages...  Some times we will give only read access for L1 Support peoples.

Will_Restore
Level 6

Are these clients included in an active backup Policy?  If so they should already be visible in the Browse list. 

I just tried typing in client name in the Source and Destination text boxes and that works too.  Of course if they have not already been backed up there is nothing to restore.

nit
Level 3
Employee Accredited

the clients have been backed up, I also tried typing in the source and destination box but it still does'nt show in teh browse list for the clients

Marianne
Level 6

I have just checked our lab master (Linux).

I get the following: (Master server hostname in 3 fields)

When I click on Browse next to Source client, I can see all 7 clients for which policies exist.

When I click on on Browse next to Destination client, I can see all 7 clients for which policies exist.

Server name must ALWAYS remain the name of the Master server.

I have changed the three fields for illustration purpose.

nit
Level 3
Employee Accredited

We managed to add those clients as it was not allowing us to select the clients after clicking browse as suggested by marianne.

we did not have those clients listed in bp.conf. Once the clients were added we were able to successfully select the clients from browse.

thank you so much all of you for your guidance

Marianne
Level 6

NO! NO! NO! NO!!!!!

DO NOT add client names in bp.conf!

The ONLY CLIENT_NAME in the master's bp.conf must be the master server's own name.

Changing or adding CLIENT_NAME entries in bp.conf is a way of re-directing restores to the master server.

Please see Host name rules in Admin Guide for UNIX,Linux, II  http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH127080

If you cannot choose or change source and destination Client Names in the GUI, something else is wrong in your environment.