cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to backup with Fibre Channel using Cluster names

rgarcia_pi
Level 3

Hello Everyone,

I have been having an issue backing up clusters through Fibre Channel.

At first, I spent a lot of time, but whenever I used the cluster name in a policy to backup, it will go over LAN. The workaround was to create a SAN Client with the Cluster Name under Media and Device Management, Devices, SAN Clients, backups will run fine as long as the active node remains the same. But when a failover occurs, backups will start failing with media open errors 83.

If I switch the policy to use the active server node name, it will work again just fine Using Fiber Channel.

My environment consists of a Windows Server 2008 Master Server, a 5230 Appliance Media Server, and backups are going to Disk on that appliance. (Dedupe Pool)

Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2

rgarcia_pi
Level 3

Forgot to mention I have also tried using the emm commands to register the cluster and it's nodes following the Fiber Transport NBU Guide.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Have you tested a backup of the 2nd node using the local nodename with something like C:\ in Backup Selection?

I am trying to determine if this is an issue with node 2 or perhaps NBU host cache issue shortly after the failover.