cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect to Admin GUI of different servers running with different NBU

Srinivas_Mallam
Level 2
Gurus,

( we are having two backup servers located at two different places , we connect them through a common server which is also solaris.) we issue - /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/jnbSA , issue server name, loginid and passwd)
Recently we have upgraded one of the servers to 6.0 while other one is still running on 5.1
Since then we were not able to connect the server with 6.0 while we are able to connect to 5.1

Can u please suggest us what should i need to do , so that i can connect both the servers from the common server.
10 REPLIES 10

henri_keli
Level 3
Certified
I would personally do the following , java admin console enable you to connect to a master server having the same version as the java version (i.e. if connecting to 6.0 server use the java 6.0 package) . here the possible way around this issue :
1) install 6.0 and 5.1 java package in different locations (not sure it will work because of the library dependencies)
or
2) install a 6.0 windows admin on a laptop and try to connect to the 5.1 and 6.0 server
let us know how you get on with the issue

Dennis_Strom
Level 6
The easiest solution is to install the java console (admin console) on a pc and manage it from there. On a pc it is very easy to just install the java console to two different locations. Such as Netbackup5 and Netbackup6. I am a Solaris shop but if I use the console I do it from my pc. You can try to do this on a solaris workstation but I do not know how it will go. The third thing to do would be to display it back from the server but this will take up some resources.

Rakesh_Khandelw
Level 6
I agree with Dennis, it's easy to manage through java console running on a PC than using a Solaris workstation/server.

As Dennis mentioned you can install two different version for Java console on same PC.

Make sure you install Java Console for 6.0 first and then for 5.x. By default 6.0 install with existing 5.x install does not let you change the install directory for 6.0 and overwrite 5.x install.

Java console application is on NetBackup for Windows CD.Message was edited by:
RK

Srinivas_Mallam
Level 2
Thanks alot Gurus- we installed JAva console application on our windows desktop and it we are able toconnect both the netbackup servers.

We also did some small change for launching Java Gui on the master server with NBU 6.0 on our common server ( which is Solaris)

We did ssh forwarding.It started working in this method also.

Thanks all for your support and Suggestions.

-SM

> I agree with Dennis, it's easy to manage through java
> console running on a PC than using a Solaris
> workstation/server.
>
> As Dennis mentioned you can install two different
> version for Java console on same PC.
>
> Make sure you install Java Console for 6.0 first and
> then for 5.x. By default 6.0 install with existing
> 5.x install does not let you change the install
> directory for 6.0 and overwrite 5.x install.
>
> Java console application is on NetBackup for Windows
> CD.
>
> Message was edited by:
> RK

Rakesh_Khandelw
Level 6
Good to hear that you are all set.

Peter_Jakobs
Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified
With version 6 it is possible to connect to a version 5 master server with the java console:
/usr/openv/java/jnbSA
-r Version of the console to use, either '5.0' or '5.1' or '6.0'

Peter

Stumpr2
Level 6
ahhh.... to have a UNIX workstation at my desk :)

Dennis_Strom
Level 6
/usr/openv/java/jnbSA -r Version
Sweet learned something new. Posted from my Ultra 60 with a 24" LCD attached to it.
:)

Stumpr2
Level 6
> Posted from my Ultra 60 with a 24" LCD attached to it.

..You're really push'n it buddy!

Peter_Jakobs
Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified
Sorry guys, posted it from my MacBookPro with 30inch flatscreen...