cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to hault backup policy while making changes

KDOG1122
Level 4
Does anyone know how to hault jobs from running?  When I make changes in a policy the backup job kicks off.  I will like to know if anyone knows the command to hault any jobs from running while making changes to a backup policy and then run the command again to active the policy again.  I'm running Windows environment. 
6 REPLIES 6

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

There's a check box to make the policy inactive (or active) - would that work for you?

If you're looking for a command line equivalent, I believe it's bpplinfo <policyname> -modify [ -inactive | -active ] in 6.5 ... check the Commands Guides to be sure and to get the correct syntax.

KDOG1122
Level 4

I didn't see the check box to make the policy inactive or active.  Can you provide detail instruction where this option is located in version 6.5.1?

Thanks for the command!

Ron_Cohn
Level 6
In the NetBackup Admin Console, under "Policies", "right click" on the policy in question and a menu entry for Activate and Deactivate will be listed.

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Check out Figure 4-2 on page 94 of the Admin Guide:

Veritas NetBackup (tm) 6.5 Administrator's Guide for Windows, Volume 1

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/290203.htm

It's in the upper right corner underneath the "Attributes" tab in the Policy Change dialog box.

Rakesh_Khandelw
Level 6

For single policy, you can simply deactivate the policy by right clicking policy name and then select deactivate or you can use command provided earlier.

For multiple policies, you can either use

"bpdbm -terminate"

which will not let any new job to start. Any currently running child process continues to run until its task is complete.

Or you can use "nbpemreq -predict" with date and time option to see what all jobs are schedule to run within certain time frame, based on this information you can only decativate the policies for whihc jobs are due to start within that given timeframe. 

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

nbpemreq -suspend will stop scheduling

- resume will start it again.

Martin