cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to prepare Data Protection Administration for UNIX exam

uuontario
Level 3

Hello All, 

I am new to NetBackup and I am new to this forum.

I have a question about NetBackup certificate exam and hope someone who passed can give me some advice.

I am think to write Data Protection Administration for UNIX certificate exam after taking NetBackup Administration course  -- 

Symantec NetBackup 7.0 for Unix Administration

I already download all the manual related to NetBackup 7.0. Do you think this is good enough to study? Which one I should read first?

Troubleshooting Guide or Admin Guide I and II?

Your help is much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

All of the above & then some! Your course notes should also give you a nice summary of the salient points. As you are probably already aware there's A LOT of documentation out there.

But nothing beats your actual experience.

***EDIT***

Additionally, are you aware of the following page & its "Suggested Preparation"?

Exam 250-270: Administration of Symantec NetBackup 7.0 for Unix
http://www.symantec.com/business/training/certification/path.jsp?pathID=250-270

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

All of the above & then some! Your course notes should also give you a nice summary of the salient points. As you are probably already aware there's A LOT of documentation out there.

But nothing beats your actual experience.

***EDIT***

Additionally, are you aware of the following page & its "Suggested Preparation"?

Exam 250-270: Administration of Symantec NetBackup 7.0 for Unix
http://www.symantec.com/business/training/certification/path.jsp?pathID=250-270

uuontario
Level 3

Hi Andy, 

Thank you very much for your quick reply. 

Yes, I have downloaded all the documents related NBU 7 and start reading now. 

Gone through other post in this forum, I start reading Admin Guide and Troubleshooting Guide. 

I want to try my best to gain more knowledge before I go to course in November so I don't wast money and time sitting in the classroom and don't know what the instructor is talking about.

Thanks again. I will read exam objective carefully and go through those recommend reading first.

Have a nice day !

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

If it's anything like the 5 day course I did for NB4.5 (*sigh*) then you shouldn't have a problem. If you read the getting started guides & browse through the Admin Guides etc beforehand then you should be absolutely fine. Even better if you've got a NetBackup environment already up & running that you can have a look round & a NetBackup admin that you can shadow.

Good luck & enjoy!!

uuontario
Level 3

Hi Andy,

I do have Netbackup environment up and running. I cannot change anything but I can browse just to learn the environment. 

Thank again

austin_lazanows
Level 4
Certified

I would spend the most time on the admin guide, troubleshooting guide, and deduplication guide. Only years of experience will give you significant benefit in studying the command line guide, but there are some vital ones to understand. My recommendation to use is try their sample exam under that certification. If you do horribly at it, then spend more time studying similar style questions:)

uuontario
Level 3

Thanks a lot Austin.

I will keep that in mind too.