cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to show real backup image size in MSDP

liuyang
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi, my master and media servers are all NBU 7.0.1 on Windows 2008 R2. I configured MSDP in two media servers: one in HQ, the other in DR site. We use SLP to do optimized duplication to replicate critical data from MSDP in HQ to DR site.

My question is:

How to show the real backup image size in MSDP? I tried bpimagelist but it shows original size. For example, I have one client which full backup is about 100GB. When I back it up to MSDP, the backup image in MSDP should be less than 100GB. But when I use bpimagelist to view the backup image, it still shows 100GB. Is there any command or report tools can do this?

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3

liuyang
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I checked with Symantec support regarding this. According to the support engineer, there is no way to check the real size of each backup image in dedupe pool.

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Same space with real data must be acquired in MSDP, but duplicated blocks are shared with other backups. Speaking of "size", you can check the size of data newly stored(unique data) into MSDP, in job detail.

emret
Level 6
Partner Accredited

real size but you can find the allocated size in deduplication pool with this command ;

C:\Program Files\Veritas\pdde>crcontrol --dsstat