cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hyper-V cluster issues!!

Mike_Rhodes
Level 3

hello,

i am having issues with my Netbackup software backing up my Hyper-V machines.
I have a 3 nodes server 2008R2Sp1 Hyper-v cluster with 1 CSV.

The netbackup server that is doing the backup is 2008R2 sp1 as well. i am running 7.5.0.1 on the master server.
The clients that i sinstalled on the physical nodes of the cluster are version 7.5.0.1 as well.

I have created a policy according to the Hyper-V admin guide.

I try to keep the vm's on the physical nodes spread out evenly, so there are not to many on one.

I am getting code 156 and code 42 errors.. So after doing a lot of reading through the forums here, i have adjusted my policy
and changed the CSV TIMEOUT to 120 minutes. this cleaned up some of the problems.

I am still get 156 and 42 errors acrross all nodes. Sometimes a VM backups with no issue, and sometimes i get a 156 errors, the next time a 42 error.

So looking trough the forum again i found:
"http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO70813&actp=search&viewlocale=en_..."

i actually went ahead on one of my physical nodes and configured shadow storage. So when i did another backup, again the results were mixed up... some did just fine, some 156, and some 42. I then went ahead and increased the size of the shadowsorage on that nodes and tried again... Same issue. I tried to back the machines up 1 at a time. Mixed results again... so now i am fully confused... So in my cluster, the CSV is located on the C: drive in windows... does the Shadow storage need to be configured on the CSV?
why does it work sporatically on other nodes?

The Admin manual seems really straight forward and so i had high hopes.. I need to be able to count on my backups to function all the time.. So i am hoping you all can help.

Any help yould be great!!!

Thanks,
Mike

3 REPLIES 3

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

So in my cluster, the CSV is located on the C: drive in windows.

I wondered on this point. c: is usually local system drive and can not be shared. Splease review your hyper-V configuration.

SamRose
Level 2

hi guys

i need your help anyone of you there, i have server windows7 ultimate 64bit, C\:drive-500GIG, D:\Drive-500GIG(Archive), S:\Drive(RAID5-4T(Storage), I take image for back up using Norton ghost 11.0 is no problem. now I re-image the server there have problem in the hard drive, the D:\Drive become S:\Drive, and the S:\Drive become D:\Drive is twisted by itself, i have 3 times to re-image is the same result. why is twisted by itself? i need your helf guys.thnz

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Your post is not related to this discussion and NetBackup.

You should start new discussion in Ghost forum(https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/endpoint-management/forums/ghost-solution-suite).