cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hyper-v Policy for multiple Hyper-V servers

sudhakarkumar
Level 4

Can you use a single policy for adding multiple Physical servers which are again having multiple Hyper-v clients.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified
If the Hyper-V hosts are clustered then yes. If the Hyper-V hosts are not clustered then you will need one backup policy per Hyper-V host for the VMs within each individual non-clustered Hyper-V host.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

sdo
Yes, you should be able to treat the Hyper-V hosts just like any other server... And I can confirm that a normal plain backup of a clustered Hyper-V host will skip (auto not include) any CSV volumes. But you will need to be mindful, and exclude any local folders on the Hyper-V hosts which contain local VMs which are private to any given Hyper-V host, i.e. local VMs which are not on CSV volumes.

sudhakarkumar
Level 4

That is good and fine.

But My question is different for suppose:

I have two windows 2012 R2 physical servers in which NBU client was already installed. In which each Physical server is having 3 Virtual machines.

Now Can i use single policy for adding all the virtual machines in both the physical servers.

our virtualization technology is Hyper-v.

I want to create a Hyper-v Policy Type.

sdo
If the Hyper-V hosts are clustered then yes. If the Hyper-V hosts are not clustered then you will need one backup policy per Hyper-V host for the VMs within each individual non-clustered Hyper-V host.

sudhakarkumar
Level 4

Thank you sdo.smiley