cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I would like be able to restore 8mm tapes back to factory defaults

Bandit
Level 2

My question is that I have several 8mm tapes from another department that no longer use and I would like to set them back to factory default so I can re-label them and use them as new? .

We are running NetBackup Ver 6.0 MP5

they show up as scratch but when we try to use them they show the wrong index and header then freeze .

any suggestions would be greatly appreciate

4 REPLIES 4

Zak_Meekins_2
Level 6

Unfreeze the tape - then use the bplabel command to relabel the tape. I think you can do it via the gui as well. Unfreeze the tape, right click it and select label and uncheck the veirfy button before you hit ok.

Bandit
Level 2

Will do:) however the one tape that I have been trying to unfreeze thus far will not allow me to do that from my media server . I'm working with the other department that gave me the Tapes to remove them from the EMM database .Hopefully that will geive me some control

Thank you very much

Omar_Villa
Level 6
Employee

maybe all the tapes have expired check with a simple script:

for TP in `cat TAPELISTFILE`

{

vmquery -m $TP

} | egrep -i "media iD|expiration" > output.log

then you can check which tapes you can start using or confirm with bpimmedia -mediaid $TP under the same loop, also you can remove the label and expire the media in the same way.

hope this helps.

regards

Bandit
Level 2

Thank you Omar I will give it a try .

By unchecking the "verify media" option when running an erase did not do the trick ,but it did run an erase on the media fine.

I will post a reply after trying your suggestion

Thanks again

Bandit