Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IBM Ultrium TD-3 Device Driver for Windows 2008 R2 x64

Nova
Level 4

Netbackup 6.5.6 Media Server
Scalar i2000 with IBM Ultrium-TD3 drives
I am aware that Symantec does not provide 64 bit drivers for tape device. I downloaded the 'IBMTape.x64_w08_6209_LTO2-5_3592_Tape_Drive_Cert' installer from IBM for the IBM LTO 3 tape drives.

When I installed the drivers (doing 'install_nonexclusive -t' command as I was instructed) it installed okay.
Great, I figured. I rebooted the media server and checked the tape drive devices. Dirver Details displayed:
ibmtp2k8.sys
and
ibmtpf2k8.sys.

I had to uninstall the devices, and let plug and play configure them with the generic MS ltotape.sys. It works, but the throughput over the fibre to the drives is horrendously bad. Things just pile up on the VCB mount point (SAN and disk both seem healthy).

I have looked high and low for any kind of discussion about which drivers for  W2K8 R2 x64.
This is a pretty common hardware match with the i2000 and IBM drives. Can anybody tell me that they are using the above dirver(s) successfully?

Or, are people using the generic ltotape.sys driver successfully with good performance.  Im not a Windows guy, and I have no idea why two drivers show up in the tape drive configuration driver details.

Thanks for any help. I've been banging my head against the wall for three days trying to get this media server to work correctly.

cheers

0 REPLIES 0