cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import images from deduplication pool

liuyang
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi, my master and media servers are all NBU 7.0.1 on windows 2008 r2. I configured two media servers as deduplication nodes: one in HQ, the other in DR site. I use SLP to duplicate backup images from deduplication node in HQ to deduplication node in DR site.

Now I am doing some DR excercise. I rebuild a master server in DR site (the same host name and same IP address as that in HQ) and I restored full catalog. I added the deduplication node in DR to the DR master server.

There are some images in the deduplication node which are not in the catalog when the catalog was being backed up. So I need to manually import these images in DR master server. But I got some errors during the import:

Error bpdm (pid=7404) ERR - Orphaned image fragment clientA_130xxxxxxxx_C1_F1, skiping

And the image will not be imported. What is the reason to this? Any solutions? Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

Fr_d_ric_RIGAL
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi,

When you have backed up your catalog, are there SLP's running?

Maybe some incomplete duplication jobs were held in the EMM db. Always run "bpimagelist -stl_incomplete" to confirm there are no incomplete duplication.

Regards 

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
I don't have access to documentation right now, but I'm pretty sure it will fix your problem. You should be able to find it in the Commands manual. nbcatsync should be able to sync images database with images physically on disk.