cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import phase 2 fails with status 50 ?

Jam_Z_3
Level 4
I have come across this error when trying to perform some Phase 2 imports, does anyone know what these mean? Is it possible they relate to reading a damaged tape, or is it something to do with the server...?

21/11/2006 15:55:03 - Error bpbrm(pid=6108) could not write READ_FILENAME message to stderr
21/11/2006 15:55:03 - Error bpbrm(pid=6108) could not write EXIT STATUS to stderr
client process aborted(50)

Many thanks,
James.
6 REPLIES 6

Ade_A
Level 4
James,

Please give me some background about your environment...what version of veritas, down to the MP. What OS, library, tape type, etc.

Jam_Z_3
Level 4
Hi, yes indeed..

Windows 2003 Server Std SP1 (OS/App disk in RAID 1)
NetBackup 5.1 MP5
HP MSL6000 Library includes 4 x HP Ultrium 2 drives
Hard Disk storage array in RAID 5

James.

Alex_Vasquez
Level 6
James,
Was this backup created on a different backup server than the one that you're trying to import the data to? I remember something similar, but I had takena backup from one master server and tried to restore on another one altogether.

Jam_Z_3
Level 4
Hi,

The backup was created on the very same server, it then expired and we are attempting to import it back into the database.

This error only seems to affect certain tapes, others import fine following the same import process.

Its quite puzzling.

James.

Peter_Ma
Not applicable
Are you using a remote desktop session when you are performing the 2nd phase? If you are, you cannot logout of the session. You need to disconnect or run the import from the console.

I have run into the same status code when I run an import and logout of a remote session.

Jam_Z_3
Level 4
Ah, I will try this, I was doing the imports via a Remote Desktop Connection, which may have timed out and locked.

I will give it a shot from the server and report my findings.

Unfortunately we now seem to have a low space issue so I'm in the process of relocating some catalog files (using the ALTPATH method), once I have the free space I will give this another go.

Thanks for the idea,
James.