cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In which file information of tapes is stored?

smith_jones
Level 6

Hi,

In which file the details of tapes/media is stored like we see in Media and Device Management ---> Media ---> Volume Pools  like Data Expiration, Last written Date, Kilobytes, Robot Type, Slot, Volume Pool, etc.

I will try to automate something.

7 REPLIES 7

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

There is no regular file where the data is stored.

Media records are in database tables in the Sybase EMM database.

I shudder at the thought of what you may want to automate.... surprise

If NBU is configured correctly, leave it to do what it is supposed to.... including expiration...

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

As Marianne explains, it isn't stored in regular files.

It's in the NBDB, these tables in particular (though depending on what you want, may be others).

"DBM_MAIN"."DBM_Image"
"DBM_MAIN"."DBM_ImageCopy"
"DBM_MAIN"."DBM_ImageFragment"
"EMM_MAIN"."EMM_Media"

What are you trying to automate ?

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

As Marianne explains, it isn't stored in regular files.

It's in the NBDB, these tables in particular (though depending on what you want, may be others).

"DBM_MAIN"."DBM_Image"
"DBM_MAIN"."DBM_ImageCopy"
"DBM_MAIN"."DBM_ImageFragment"
"EMM_MAIN"."EMM_Media"

What are you trying to automate ?

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Probably related to this: 

Expiring tapes. 

smith_jones
Level 6

Yes. I was just looking for a way other than decreasing Image cleanup time interval.

Script runs at right 12:00 AM everyday, checks the media expiration date, if it is of that day runs the for /f ... command with bpexpdate for all the media w.r.t. that date and done.

At one time all the data on the media expired and media ready for reuse. No need to manually create the text file to mention in the command for /f ...

Image cleanup interval cannot delete all the tapes of that day at a time since the tapes will be having different time stamps of expiration on that day.

Will_Restore
Level 6

I rarely have to expire media and never have to worry about cleanup interval.  If you are short of tapes, buy another box.

smith_jones
Level 6
No. It is not about tapes, It is about kmowledge and concept. :) Thanks.