cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install Netbackup Advanced Client 6.1

Stephan_Langbei
Level 4
Did someone know how it ist possible to intstall a Netbackup Advanced client 6.1 in one step on a windows 2000 Server ?
I only find a Netbackup 6.0 Advanced Client (on the Netbackup 6.0 server CD) that I can install remote, but after the remote intsallation I must Install the servicepack 6 mp1 seperatly (with a reboot of the server required)....
10 REPLIES 10

marekkedzierski
Level 6
Partner
as far as I know advanced client on windows ins installed during standard install and you should to activate it on master server (license key)

Stephan_Langbei
Level 4
Thats not the question.

I ask for a install-routine that include netbachup advanced Client 6.1 to install at the client server....

zippy
Level 6
Stephan,

Chill.......

I think there is a language problem here.....

Is your Master a UNIX server?

If it is and I understand your question, I have not found a way to automate installs from a UNIX master to a NT client.

Peace

JD

Stephan_Langbei
Level 4
No, no UNIX, no HPUX, no AIX, only few LINUX(redhat-clients)- unfortunately

The whole serverenviroment runs on Windows 2000 Server with few W2K3 advanced server and VM-WARE-Servers.

Yesterday I run the Update from netbackup 5.1 to 6.0 on 2 netbackup enterprise sever W2K (1 master and 1 additional media server) , after this, I install an each media and databaseserver the mp1. The uptade to 6.1 work satisfieded, some steps are not documented in the installation guide, but now it works. Now, I must update the clients from 5.1mp3 to 6.0mp1.

On two Servers I have updated, I get the Error: CANNOT CONNECT TO SOCKET (on start the Netbackup client at the client server after install 6.0 Client and mp1)

To install the client it is easy to try the remote installation from the server cd (not like in the last version from cd at the console from each server). On this step I get only an 6.0 client to the servers. After this, i must install the MP1 on each server again (with recomended reboot).

But there must exist a way to do both steps in one step?
Now, I have finished 14 servers jet.

zippy
Level 6
Stephan,

If you have the Master (windonw's) server patched and all the Client patches on it then you should be good to go, as far as I know all clients in your enviroment shoudl be backwards compatable.

With that said, I would stop updating the clients until you have the master fully funtional and working corectly and "all" patches installed on it an dont forget to put all the client patches on the master <----they are pushed to the clients during the install.

All clients installed from the Master will get the new MP's from the master

As far as I no if the Master is a windows server you cannot install a UNIX client, hence if the MAter is a UNIX server you cannot install a windows client.

Just a side note:
I would never (if I could help it) make my master a Winder's boxen :)

JD

Stephan_Langbei
Level 4
Then I think I haven#t understand something.
At bkupexec 9.x or 10.x I install the client out of bkupexec (tools->install client).
At my netbackup Enterprise server I install the clients from the CD (install Netbackup->install client)...

Is there a posibility like bkupexec to install the clients directly out of the netbackup administrator console???

zippy
Level 6
Stephen,

Remeber:
As far as I no if the Master is a windows server you cannot install a UNIX client, hence if the Mastter is a UNIX server you cannot install a windows client.

Now--------->
From teh Console window - click on Policy's - right click on the Master server icon scroll down to the bottom choose install client - a window pops up all clients should be seen in the letf pane, the greyed out ones are the clients that you cannot install from the Master the "non" greyed out ones are the ones you can install from the Master.

JD

Stephan_Langbei
Level 4
At policys are nothing like masterserver...

at the left window I have
Activity monitor
Netbackupmanagement with
reports
policies
storageunits
catalogs
host properties (with master server, media server, clients=
media and device management
access management

policies listet
summery of all policies
my 6 policies to backup clients..

where do you mean to find a contextmenue to install clients out of the master console?

zippy
Level 6
http://ftp.support.veritas.com/pub/support/products/NetBackup_Enterprise_Server/279260.pdf

page 125

J

Like i said UNIX makes a great Master :)Message was edited by:
James Dunn

Stephan_Langbei
Level 4
ok
Unix
lovely :)