cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a limit to "Backup Streams"?

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6

Does anybody know if there is a limit to how many lines you can have in the "backup streams" section of a policy?

I created one and when I look at the job the "file list" says list truncated at the end.

I had issues with the backups and I am not sure if it was due to the list being to long or some other reason.

Netbackup 6.5.2a

Unix master

Unix media server

And before you ask, yes I have to have the long list so I can break it up into smaller jobs.

I am doing the:

e:\a*

e:\b*

type of selection to break it up.

I have both a E and an F drive I need to breakup like this.

4 REPLIES 4

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

Hi Judy. Can't find anything specific (closest was on this posting, which may be of absolutely no use whatsoever!) so maybe CRZ can supply a little Xmas cheer?

Smiley Happy

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6
Well Andy, at least you make me feel better, because I could not find anything either.

Darren_Dunham
Level 6

Hmm.  I wonder if the limit is on the bpcd side?  If it is, it might be possible to run bpcd in verbose mode on  the client and see if you can see the file list expansion and possibly some extra information about errors or such.

-- 

Darren

Stumpr2
Level 6

The biggest problem with numerous multistreams is on the restore side. It takes forever to load and select from the restore GUI. The other major problem is determining which stream needs to be rerun if it fails (and just that stream)

I have a 4TB file server that I recently carved out 36 multistreams as thus:

ten policies with the streams setup like a telephone keypad

Policy_0 D:\0*

Policy_1 D:\1*

Policy_2 NEW_STREAM (NS) D:\2* NS D:\A* NS D:\B* NS D:\C*

Policy_3 NS D:\3* NS D:\D* NS D:\E* NS D:\F*

Policy_4 NS D:\4* NS D:\G* NS D:\H* NS D:\I* NS D:\I*

Policy_9 NS D:\9* NS D:\W* NS D:\X* NS D:\Y* NS D:\Z*