cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue creating cold catalog backup

stwali005
Level 4

Afternoon all.

I need to get rid of an old server. In order to do so i want to follow the following steps.

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH77448

No doing well as failing at step 1 :)

I've gone through the Catalog wizard, selecting "offline, cold catalog backup". I want to backup to disk so i can copy it off - shut down the server and a rebuilt a new 2008 server of the same name etc etc.

When i run the offline catalog backup i was first getting a 141 error - path is not absolute. I have selected my Master and Media servers and browsed to the D drive to do the backup. Eventually i got the right path and now getting an error message 35 - > cannot make required directory.

Am not sure what i am doing wrong?

Interestingly even though i have done an inventory refresh, and i can see 2 blank scratch tapes in the drive - when i try do a catalog backup to removable media - it just brings up a blank drop down list, so cant see a tape to backit up to.

Running NBU 6.5.5

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
The requirement for Article:000041077 is a hot catalog backup. Please follow steps in NBU Admin Guide I to create Basic Disk STU for the intended destination, then look for steps to create Hor Catalog backup (same manual ). Place DR-file in a folder on the DSU. PS: there nothing to backup on a media server. All databases reside on the master server.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

I know the option's there/available to configure cold catalog backup, but just set up a catalog backup policy & do it 'hot'.

RiaanBadenhorst

Just use an online catalog backup. Offline backups were dropped somewhere in 6.5.

Marianne
Level 6
The requirement for Article:000041077 is a hot catalog backup. Please follow steps in NBU Admin Guide I to create Basic Disk STU for the intended destination, then look for steps to create Hor Catalog backup (same manual ). Place DR-file in a folder on the DSU. PS: there nothing to backup on a media server. All databases reside on the master server.