cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Shadow copy backup (client process aborted(50))

philalbert
Level 4

I'm unable to backup a client Shadow Copy backup. The disks are working fine but it's failing on the shadow copy.

Here's the error:

2016-03-13 19:25:18 - Error bpbrm(pid=15748) from client server1: ERR - Unable to backup System State or Shadow Copy. Please check the state of VSS and associated Writers.ERR - Unable to backup System State or Shadow Copy. Please check the state of VSS and associated Writers.INF - Estimate:-1 -1
2016-03-13 19:25:18 - Error bpbrm(pid=15748) from client server1: ERR - Unable to backup System State or Shadow Copy. Please check the state of VSS and associated Writers.INF - EXIT STATUS 69: invalid filelist specification

Which log can I look in or provide here to help find the issue?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

could you check the status of vss writers, make sure they all are stable with no errors

from cmd  run command  vssadmin list writers   --> to see the status of the writers , if they are not stable or with errors, ask your windows team to fix it... most of the cases reboot will fix it

if it does not help. please attach the bpfis log with verbose 5 from client 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

could you check the status of vss writers, make sure they all are stable with no errors

from cmd  run command  vssadmin list writers   --> to see the status of the writers , if they are not stable or with errors, ask your windows team to fix it... most of the cases reboot will fix it

if it does not help. please attach the bpfis log with verbose 5 from client 

philalbert
Level 4

The vss writers are fine.

I changed the log level and restarted the agent services. And the backup worked...

I tried restarting the agent before and it didn't work, guess it needed to be restarted several times or there's something else going with the server itself.

Thanks, I'll update this thread if the issue returns.