Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Launching NetBackup 60 consoles

dbeck
Level 5
Folks,

When launching either nbpSA or jnbSA I'm getting this error:

Error: failed /usr/openv/java/jre/lib/i386/client/libjvm.so, because libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

When doing  a Add/Remove software search this is what is installed:

libstdc++-4.1.2-42.el5.i386 - GNU Standard C++ Library
compat-libstdc++-33 - 3.2.3-61.i386 - Compatibility standard C++ libraries
compat-libstdc++-296 - 2.96-l38.i386

If I need to create a symbolic link to get this resolved, what is the command line and will this stay current on a reboot?

Any input will be most helpful

-D-

6 REPLIES 6

Sriram
Level 6
For creating a soft line in unix the command is to use is "ln".  Check tha man pages to get more options.

symbolic links  wont be missing after reboot

hope this helps

Gerald_W__Gitau
Level 6
Certified
You need to install gcc compatible libraries.
Go to http://rpm.pbone.net and paste 'libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2' without quotes in the search field and install the package presented for your distribution

dbeck
Level 5
Gerald,

Getting this now.  What library am I missing.

java version "1.4.0_04"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.0_04-b04)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.0_04-b04, mixed mode)

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /usr/openv/java/jre/lib/i386/libawt.so: libXp.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1480)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1396)
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:772)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:832)
at sun.security.action.LoadLibraryAction.run(LoadLibraryAction.java:50)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.awt.Toolkit.loadLibraries(Toolkit.java:1397)
at java.awt.Toolkit.<clinit>(Toolkit.java:1418)
at java.awt.Color.<clinit>(Color.java:250)
at vrts.common.utilities.SwingUI.<clinit>(SwingUI.java:26)
at vrts.common.utilities.CommonUIFactory.setUIDefaults(CommonUIFactory.java:61)
at vrts.nbe.JavaPresentationLayer.<init>(JavaPresentationLayer.java:40)
at vrts.nbe.AdminConsole.<init>(AdminConsole.java:27)
at vrts.nbe.AdminConsole.main(AdminConsole.java:40)

Any inputs would be most helpful
-D-

Will_Restore
Level 6
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/293247.htm

GENERAL ERROR: Trying to launch the NetBackup Java Administration Console fails with the error "java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:" on a RedHat 5.0 client
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Exact Error Message
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /usr/openv/java/jre/lib/i386/libawt.so: libXp.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Details:
Overview: The NetBackup Java Administration Console will fail to start on RedHat 5.0 systems.

Log Files: N/A

Resolution: The Java Administration Console is not supported on RedHat 5.0 systems. Supported platforms are listed in the Veritas NetBackup (tm) 6.0 and 6.5 Release Notes for UNIX, Linux and Windows.

Workaround:
Two workarounds exist for this issue:
1. Use the /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bp command line interface.
2. Starting the java interface from a machine with an operating system type and release level listed in the 6.5 Release Notes, then specifying the Host name, User name and Password for the RedHat 5.0 system.

Will_Restore
Level 6
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/283530.htm

GENERAL ERROR: Trying to launch the NetBackup Java Administration Console fails with the error "java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Exact Error Message

Details:
Overview:
The NetBackup Java Administration Console will fail to start if the xorg-x11-deprecated-libs-6.8.1-12.i386.rpm package is not installed. This has been seen on Linux 64 bit servers that do not have this package installed by default. This package contains the libXp.so.6 library, which is required for the Java GUI to start.

Connection problems may also occur if the pam-0.77-66.14.i386.rpm package is not installed. This package contains the libpam.so.0 library, which is required for the bpjava-msvc daemon to start.

Troubleshooting:
Check to see if the libXp.so.6 library is installed on the system.
# ls -l /usr/X11R6/lib/libXp.so.6
/usr/X11/lib/libXp.so.6: No such file or directory
Check to see if the libpam.so.0 library is installed on the system.
# ls -l /lib64/libpam.so.0
/lib64/libpam.so.0: No such file or directory

Log Files:
The following errors will appear when trying to start the NetBackup Java Administration Console.
# /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/jnbSA
<..snip..>
java version "1.4.0_04"
Java™ 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.0_04-b04)
Java HotSpot™ Client VM (build 1.4.0_04-b04, mixed mode)
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
/usr/openv/java/jre/lib/i386/libawt.so: libXp.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Trying to telnet to the bpjava-msvc port on the server may fail with the following error. This would occur when the pam-0.77-66.14.i386.rpm package is not installed.
# telnet localhost bpjava-msvc
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.localdomain (127.0.0.1).
Escape character is '^]'.
bpjava-msvc: error while loading shared libraries: libpam.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Connection closed by foreign host.

Resolution:
Install the xorg-x11-deprecated-libs-6.8.1-12.i386.rpm package on the server. This should reside on disk 2 of the installation CDs . This will install the missing libXp.so.6 library needed by the NetBackup Java Administration console.

It will also be necessary to install the pam-0.77-66.14.i386.rpm package on the server. This will install the missing libpam.so.0 which is needed for the bpjava-msvc daemon to start.

Gowda
Not applicable
Please install the Veritas Netback Unix Patches

NB_CLT_60_7_M_308528.tar
NB_JAV_60_7_M_308546.tar

It will be resolved

if any issues mail me to venkatagirigowda@gmail.com