cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licensing Problems after Install NBU 7.0.1 on Media Server

HEMANPR
Level 6

Hello

I have a licensing issue with my media server. On version 6.5.5 I use my media server for running clients backups.

I uninstall the 6.5.5 version and Install a fresh Netbackup 7.0.1 installation. Everything appear to work perfect but when I try to backup other clients using this media server, appear this error:

2/4/2011 12:22:52 PM - Error nbjm(pid=7056) NBU status: 2063, EMM status: Server is not licensed for Remote Client Option
Server is not licensed for Remote Client Option(2063) 

I have license for 6 media servers (Using 4 ATM). I try the same backup policy with a 6.5.5 Media server and clients backup run perfect.

Any Idea or Help?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

This one is missing from the list:

Feature ID      = 71 Remote Client Support -

Check with your reseller or Symantec Customer Care.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Marianne
Level 6

"I uninstall the 6.5.5 version and Install a fresh Netbackup 7.0.1 installation."

So - When you did a fresh install - what license key(s) did you use?  The uninstall would've removed all valid, 6.5 license keys.

Did you add the new 7.0 keys that you received with your upgrade notification, or did you add the old 6.5 keys?

Whan does 'bpminlicense -verbose' on the media server return?

HEMANPR
Level 6

I use the new 7.0 Media Server license key. I dont use the 6.5.5 License keys.

Here the 'bpminlicense -verbose' from the media server

Marianne
Level 6

This one is missing from the list:

Feature ID      = 71 Remote Client Support -

Check with your reseller or Symantec Customer Care.

HEMANPR
Level 6

Yep Marriane

The Feature ID      = 71 Remote Client Support is not incluide on Ent Server License form 7.0

Just the Master Server have this feature. Extra cost for upgrade a Media Ent Server License. Thanks