cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List all files archived by particular policy

przemol
Level 4

Hello,

we have many policies on our NBU server (6.5.5).Is it possible using CLI to list all files backuped up by one particular policy on a certain day ?

Regards

Przemek

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

Quoted from the T/N I initially referenced:

"...
Example:

# cd /usr/openv/netbackup/bin
# admincmd/bpimmedia -L -mediaid VOL001

Backup-ID            Class      Type  RL  Files   C  E  T  PC  Expires  
Copy Frag    KB Type Density FNum      Off       Host       DWO MPX Expires          MediaID
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

snike_1029339786     brs_test   FULL  1   996     N  N  R  1   10:43 08/28/2002
1   1     5664 RMed 8mm     2         181       snike      0   N   10:43 08/28/2002 VOL001

snike_1029260464     brs_test   FULL  1   996     N  N  R  1   12:41 08/27/2002
1   1     5664 RMed 8mm     1         2         snike      0   N   12:41 08/27/2002 VOL001

# ./bpdbm -ctime 1029260464
1029260464 = Tue Aug 13 12:41:04 2002

# ./bplist -C snike -R -s 08/13/2002 12:00:00 /

..."

I have emboldened the backup-id to which I & the T/N was referencing - this is mainly of use when looking for backups on particular media - i.e. you don't know what's on the media until you idenfify the images & from the subsequent backup-ids the appropriate times to use in your bplist command. This is not relevant to you in that you already know (presumably) when you are looking!

You cannot use the job-id from bpdbjobs in bplist - there is no option for that in the latter. If you want to create more work you could use bpdbjobs with the -all_columns or -most_columns options & be prepared to strip out the time of backup or whatever & then use the bpdbm -ctime command etc as above.

What exactly have you got to work with? As I've already mentioned, if you know the times, client & policy that you want to work with then there shouldn't be an issue. But I may be missing the point here - have been suffering with a head cold for the past few days & so do have a little bit of "brain-fade"!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

DOCUMENTATION: How to list files that are backed up on a particular client
http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH94084

***EDIT***
There are further options available in addition to the example quoted above.

See the man page or Commands Guide(s):

NAME
     bplist - list the backed up and archived files on  the  NetBackup server

SYNOPSIS
     /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bplist [-A | -B]  [-C  client]  [-S master_server]  [-k  policy]  [-t policy_type]
          [-F] [-R [n]] [-b | -c | -u]  [-l]  [-r]  [-flops  file_options] [-Listseconds] [-T] [-unix_files] [-nt_files] [-s
          date] [-e date]  [-I]  [-PI]  [-help]  [-keyword "keyword_phrase"] [filename] [-Listpolicy]

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH52832
http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH52833

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

or were you looking for something else?

przemol
Level 4

Do I need to:

1. list all jobs using /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpdbjobs -report

2. list files from particular job (JOBID) taken from above ?

Is this the correct sequence ?

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

in the bplist command then the output will probably be more relevant to you.

e.g. you could restrict by start & end dates, by client or by policy (or all of the above!). So if you know the approximate time the backup occurred, you can restrict the search parameters to cover that period only. If the client uses more than one policy over the same period you can restrict by the one you require etc etc.

The backupid referenced in the T/N is utilised to get the time of the backup - it's a shame it cannot be utilised directly in the bplist command.

przemol
Level 4

in the bplist command then the output will probably be more relevant to you.

e.g. you could restrict by start & end dates, by client or by policy (or all of the above!). So if you know the approximate time the backup occurred, you can restrict the search parameters to cover that period only. If the client uses more than one policy over the same period you can restrict by the one you require etc etc.

I should have said:

1. list all jobs using /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpdbjobs -report

2. list files from particular job (JOBID) taken from above using bplist ?

The backupid referenced in the T/N is utilised to get the time of the backup - it's a shame it cannot be utilised directly in the bplist command.

What do you mean by "backupid referenced in the T/N" ?

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

Quoted from the T/N I initially referenced:

"...
Example:

# cd /usr/openv/netbackup/bin
# admincmd/bpimmedia -L -mediaid VOL001

Backup-ID            Class      Type  RL  Files   C  E  T  PC  Expires  
Copy Frag    KB Type Density FNum      Off       Host       DWO MPX Expires          MediaID
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

snike_1029339786     brs_test   FULL  1   996     N  N  R  1   10:43 08/28/2002
1   1     5664 RMed 8mm     2         181       snike      0   N   10:43 08/28/2002 VOL001

snike_1029260464     brs_test   FULL  1   996     N  N  R  1   12:41 08/27/2002
1   1     5664 RMed 8mm     1         2         snike      0   N   12:41 08/27/2002 VOL001

# ./bpdbm -ctime 1029260464
1029260464 = Tue Aug 13 12:41:04 2002

# ./bplist -C snike -R -s 08/13/2002 12:00:00 /

..."

I have emboldened the backup-id to which I & the T/N was referencing - this is mainly of use when looking for backups on particular media - i.e. you don't know what's on the media until you idenfify the images & from the subsequent backup-ids the appropriate times to use in your bplist command. This is not relevant to you in that you already know (presumably) when you are looking!

You cannot use the job-id from bpdbjobs in bplist - there is no option for that in the latter. If you want to create more work you could use bpdbjobs with the -all_columns or -most_columns options & be prepared to strip out the time of backup or whatever & then use the bpdbm -ctime command etc as above.

What exactly have you got to work with? As I've already mentioned, if you know the times, client & policy that you want to work with then there shouldn't be an issue. But I may be missing the point here - have been suffering with a head cold for the past few days & so do have a little bit of "brain-fade"!

przemol
Level 4

Hi Andy,

this is what I was looking for ! Thank you :)