cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Log of all files backed up by a backup

Johncu
Level 3

Hi

I have an owner of 2 servers who would like a log of all the files backed up by a backup of an area of 2 of his servers. These backups have their own backup policies. He needs this for his own internal audit process. It can be in the form of an e-mail on completion of the backup or as a flat file somewhere on the server.

My Netbackup master is v6.5.2a on Solaris 10.

The clients are Solaris 9 running the 6.5.2 client and an older DEC UNIX box running the 4.5 version of the client.

The standard e-mail function in host properties does not give enough information. Idealy I need a list of every file and folder that would appear in the restore GUI.

Many thanks in advance

John

6 REPLIES 6

schmaustech
Level 5

Configure the client to do verbose logging (5) and create the /usr/openv/netbackup/log/bpbkar log directory.  When you run the backup, the details of the files should be logged in the bpbkar log.

You will have to write a script to post process the file to clean up the file paths, but it should provide more detail then what you are currently getting.

Regards,

Benjamin Schmaus

Karthikeyan_Sun
Level 6

You can use bplist command to get the list of files backedup, this will give all details of files backedup same as BAR Window.

Just use this command to filter one based on the date and save that information to anywhere locally on the master server itself.

Make Blat to trigger mails with that output file attached and schedule the same daily !

This mail will give the details of files backedup.

Hope this will be helpful !

Johncu
Level 3

Hi, this looks helpful, thanks!

Douglas_A
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

bperror -jobid <jobid> -hoursago 24 -columns 300 | grep "handling path"

Karthikeyan_Sun
Level 6

But My Solution not yet accepted. :(

TimBurlowski
Employee Accredited

bpflist -backupid  <backupid> -rl 999 

If you know the backup id, which is in the job output you can run the above command and email it out to the client as often as needed.

A backupid is the concatenation of the the name of the backup client as found in the activity monitor or output from bpdbjobs an "_" and the start time of the job as a unix time stamp. It would look like "clientname_1236966503".

Good luck