Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSSQL schedule run too many times

ElGringo
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi,

NBU Default-application-backup run every 10 min (approximatively ...). Furthermore, it ran outside the backup schedule. 

But, the automatic schedule is .configure to run every 5hours only !!!

It is driving me crazy !

We use NBU 7.1 on Windows 2008 R2

Any kind of help will be greatly appreciated

2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Troubleshoot first with the Policy Execution Manager scheduler - what does it expect to run in the next 24 hours say. Does that confirm what you have been seeing.

nbpemreq -predict 

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH43573

Interesting are...

The following caveats exist for the nbpemreq -predict command:
  • Running the -predict option without specifying a time will use a default time of 23:59:59 hours.  
  • Running the -predict option and specifying a time in the past will display the nbpemreq usage.
  • Running the -predict option will only show backups that are eligible to run.  It is not an indication of what jobs will run at a specific time.
  • The -predict option only checks if there is an open window for the backup and does not reflect any exclude dates that might be set for the schedule.

If the prediction is to run more frequent than every 5 hours you have some other variable that is at play, other than your policy.. Check policy attributes. Check Global Attributes at Master Properties.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I have seen this ugly bug making it's appearance every now and then across different NBU versions (I personally experienced it back in NBU 3.4 days). It seems that Symantec has not been able to properly identify the cause or a proper fix... Sometimes an upgrade or reinstall on Master fixes the problem, else recreating the policy or removing STREAMS files.

Two things you can try:
1. delete STREAMS files for this policy under ...netbackup\db\images\<client-name>
2. recreate the policy using a new name (don't copy this one)

PS: double-check your retention levels - the one that will be applied is the Default-application-backup.