Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Media Host Override for Netbackup 6.0 MP7

demo4119
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
To force restores to go to a specific server
If necessary, physically move the media to the host that will be answering the restore requests, then update the Enterprise Media Manager database to reflect the move.
Modify the NetBackup configuration on the master server by adding the original backup media server and the restore server to the Media Host Override list in the General Server host properties.
Stop and restart the NetBackup Request Manager service on the master server.
This applies to all storage units on the original backup server. That is, restores for any storage unit on the server listed as the Original backup server will now go to the server listed as the Restore server.
To revert to the original configuration for future restores, delete the line from the Media Host Override list.

Questions:-
Im running netbackup 6.0 MP7 on Solaris 10 and required to perform a restore a tape media from a windows media server.
I'm required to configure the media host override inorder to perform it.

As mentioned on the admin guide unix volume one a stop and restart of Netbackup request manager service is required .
But i do have jobs running during the reconfiguration time . Can i perform # /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bprdreq -rereadconfig  instread?

If not , how can i restart just the netbackup request manager service and wat is the impact when there is still running jobs ?

Please advise urgent ?
5 REPLIES 5

demo4119
Level 6

Hi Andy

Thanks for yr technote.
So i have to run the bpmedia to movedb to the media server i wished to restore and improt the tape to the new library with same hcart type right?

demo4119
Level 6

i shoud import the tape to the new media server then run the bpmedia movedb command from the master server.
Correct me if im wrong.
Thanks.

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
& inventory (not import that's a different story!) & run the command (or vice versa it shouldn't matter).

As you quite rightly say, there should be a drive in the library that matches the density of the tape (HCART or whatever).

demo4119
Level 6

thanks and noted.