cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Media server question

Steven_Perez
Level 2
Hello everyone ... This is my first post !!! ... Ok, first things first all servers are running Netbackup 6.5.5 on Solaris 10, all servers are Sun T5220/T5120. Library is a partition in an IBM 3584. Configuration is licensed for enterprise and will use SSO for the shared tape drives. Configuration is a single dedicated master connected to two media servers. Media servers and tape drives are in a single zoned SAN. The robotic control host is configured on one of the media servers, but the media servers are each in an isolated network domain, so they will not be able to see each other on the network. So my questions are ... do they need to? And if so what ports should be opened for media server to media server communications. Or should we be doing something completely different! Cheers Steven Perez
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Thanks for the detailed info! This makes giving advice so much easier.

All you need is port 1556 (PBX) and 13724 (vnetd).

Master <- 1556 -> media server (bi-directional)
Master <- 13724 -> media server (bi-directional)

Because media server is robot control host, you also need:
media 1 <- 1556 -> media 2  (bi-directional)

Port Usage Guide for Windows and UNIX Platforms (  http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/281623.htm )

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Marianne
Level 6

Thanks for the detailed info! This makes giving advice so much easier.

All you need is port 1556 (PBX) and 13724 (vnetd).

Master <- 1556 -> media server (bi-directional)
Master <- 13724 -> media server (bi-directional)

Because media server is robot control host, you also need:
media 1 <- 1556 -> media 2  (bi-directional)

Port Usage Guide for Windows and UNIX Platforms (  http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/281623.htm )

Steven_Perez
Level 2
Oh cheers and  thanks for the quick reply! I've had a look throught the document, but it doesn't clarify the 1556 port connection being udp or tcp. As its a daemon I'm about 99% sure its tcp, but you never know ....

I'm assuming the veritas_pbx/1556 is tcp is that right?

Steve ...

Marianne
Level 6

Correct - tcp

Steven_Perez
Level 2

Hi,

I would assume that you would need to be licensed for SSO on the drive for this to work as well?

Regards
Steven Perez

varunprakash
Level 5
Yes, to share the library drives you should have license for SSO.