cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving new tape to volume pool

Bruce_Clegg
Level 5

Just started this week - so please cut me a little slack...

I need to add a new tape to a volume pool.  The existing tapes in that pool are full.  I put a new tape in the robot and we have a rule that assigns all new tapes with a particular bar code to the 'Tier_1_Archive'.  This is usually okay as that is what we generally want when we add new  tapes.  But this is a special case, I want to add the tape to the 'Tier_1_Archive_Offsite' pool.

When I ran the inventory robot, it added this new tape as expected to 'Tier_1_Archive'. I have not written anything to this new tape yet - but still I don't see an option to change Volume Pools.

Can someone please tell me how to do this? or point me to a resource that will explain it?  Thank You!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
I am not in front of a system to double-check, so, bear with me as well! Right-click on the new tape and select change. Volume Pool should be one of the options in the next step. Cmd is another option. Get list of pool numbers : # vmpool -listall # vmchange -m ( media-id ) -p (new-pool-number) Use vmchange -help to see all options. Commands are in /usr/openv/volmgr/bin HTH

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Marianne
Level 6
I am not in front of a system to double-check, so, bear with me as well! Right-click on the new tape and select change. Volume Pool should be one of the options in the next step. Cmd is another option. Get list of pool numbers : # vmpool -listall # vmchange -m ( media-id ) -p (new-pool-number) Use vmchange -help to see all options. Commands are in /usr/openv/volmgr/bin HTH

Bruce_Clegg
Level 5

Thank you.  I went to change at least once - but somehow missed it.  Gotta get used to the screens I guess.

Also, thanks for the command line info/solution.  I plan on using the command line as much as possible as I get more comfortable with the application.

Please i wan't to add new DATA TAP (MEDIA) to a volume pool, using command line linux . Help me 

StefanosM
Level 6

please open a new desiccation.

And rephrase your question. what you want to do ?
Because I think that the answer is given in this threat

TEST57
Level 2

Please i wan't to add new DATA TAP (MEDIA) to a volume pool, using command line linux . Help me ?

Thanks.