cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi Stream in db2.conf

Zailar
Level 5
Partner Accredited

I want to make 4 stream backup for db2, anyone know where add line for stream in file db2.conf?.

DATABASE SAMPLE
OBJECTTYPE DATABASE
POLICY db2-bkup
SCHEDULE Default-Application-Backup
CLIENT_NAME Client1
ENDOPER

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
  1. About multistreaming and DB2 backups

You can use either the -s option on the bpdb2proxy command or the sessions parameter in the Backup Options screen of the backup wizard to specify the number of proxy copy backup streams to start. NetBackup for DB2 splits the files into a number of groups as specified by either of these parameters, based on file size. NetBackup for DB2 attempts to create streams of equal size.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

RiaanBadenhorst
  1. About multistreaming and DB2 backups

You can use either the -s option on the bpdb2proxy command or the sessions parameter in the Backup Options screen of the backup wizard to specify the number of proxy copy backup streams to start. NetBackup for DB2 splits the files into a number of groups as specified by either of these parameters, based on file size. NetBackup for DB2 attempts to create streams of equal size.

Zailar
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Thanks Riaan,

I was knew that in the db2 admin guide. Could the db2.conf can be run if we add

STREAM = 4 ?

like oracle script :

ALLOCATE CHANNEL ch00 TYPE 'SBT_TAPE';
ALLOCATE CHANNEL ch01 TYPE 'SBT_TAPE';

RiaanBadenhorst

Hi,

Not sure, but I doubt it. Is it not working as per the suggestion? What is happening?

Zailar
Level 5
Partner Accredited

I think your suggestion is working. Our customer backup not with this script, but with SAP logon. May be SAP logon have for stream backup?

RiaanBadenhorst

Using backint?