cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NB 3.4 jnbSA problems with Solaris 9

Sergey_Evsyuk1
Level 4
Hello Colleagues,
After upgrading OS from Solaris 2.6 to Solaris 9, jnbSA doesn't starts with messages:
Your DISPLAY environment variable is set as follows:
10.0.17.66:0.0

java.lang.InternalError: Can't connect to X11 window server using '10.0.17.66:0.0' as the value of the DISPLAY variable.
at sun.awt.motif.MToolkit.(MToolkit.java:43)
at java.awt.Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit(Toolkit.java:394)
at vrts.app.AppletFrame.determineScreenSize(AppletApplication.java:382)
at vrts.app.AppletFrame.(AppletApplication.java:77)
at vrts.app.AppletApplication.main(AppletApplication.java:952)

Wt have found some java problems solutions in solaris patch 110539-17 description, but it installing does not help.

Can anybody help?

Sergey
5 REPLIES 5

dennis_sexton
Level 5
I have not ever used 3.4 but
on 4.5 there is a different java client for each rev of solaris. Perhaps
you need to update the jnbSA?

Joe_Despres
Level 6
Partner
We never used the java interface for 3.4... we used the motif interface.... xnb...

Richard_Bannist
Level 5
i used the (atrocious) java interface for 3.4 on Sol 8 fine, but didn't like it so rarely used it, instead used the superior Motif interface

- try the Motif one...

Stumpr2
Level 6
And the cheer goes out...
motif, motif motif!!!

It was a good tool to see what commands were actually being run if you started the motify with

xbpadm -commands
This enabled a drop down view to turn on a pane that shows the actual command line being used by the motif.

those were the days that I learned most from NetBackup.

Richard_Bannist
Level 5
yeah, years ago when i did my only NBU course, the Enterprise course for 3.4, i spent the course using both java and motif gui's (but mainly command line).

As to my preferences - of course command line wins hands down, then motif (well if it was still available after 3.4 that is, then the dreadful java gui. ah well, at least we still got the command line, even Veritas (oops i mean Symantec) can't take away the command line hehe :)