cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NB 6.0 MP6 upgrade error

AntonioVargas
Level 4
Hi to all,

i have Netbackup 6.0 MP4 on a solaris media/master server. I'm trying to upgrade it to MP6.
I had to download the server, client and java upgrades. Unziped it and copied to the server, because only with the server package he fails to find the other two and aborts. When i try to install everything goes right until he tries to start installing the client package and gives the error:

Found preinstall script, but can't execute it.
------------------------------------------------
Installation of pack NB_CLT_60_6_M FAILED Tue May 27 16:26:11 WEST 2008 Rev. 1.33.10.18.
------------------------------------------------

any clues??

it's very urgent.

thanks in advance.
2 REPLIES 2

AntonioVargas
Level 4
more info:
I am root on the machine. i copied all 3 packages (server, clt and java) to the server. the files i have there are:

VrtsNB_60_6_M.README             VrtsNB_60_6_M.solaris.tar.Z      VrtsNB_CLT_60_6_M.tar.Z          Vrts_pack.install
VrtsNB_60_6_M.postinstall        VrtsNB_CLT_60_6_M.README         VrtsNB_JAV_60_6_M.README         VxICS-solaris-v1.0.4.1.tar.gz
VrtsNB_60_6_M.postuninstall      VrtsNB_CLT_60_6_M.postinstall    VrtsNB_JAV_60_6_M.postinstall
VrtsNB_60_6_M.preinstall         VrtsNB_CLT_60_6_M.postuninstall  VrtsNB_JAV_60_6_M.postuninstall
VrtsNB_60_6_M.preuninstall       VrtsNB_CLT_60_6_M.preinstall     VrtsNB_JAV_60_6_M.tar.Z

thanks again in advance

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
>Found preinstall script, but can't execute it.

Check the permissions (`ls -l`) - maybe you need a +x on the scripts if the mask changed when you moved the files between machines?