cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NB 6.5 Clustered Master Svr Install (question on server login itself)

Patrick_Frith
Level 3
There is one installation parameter not specifically mentioned in either the HA Guide or the Installation Guide and I wanted to make sure I have it correct before I start.  When I begin the installation, should I be logged into the cluster's virtual server or to the local node the cluster is sitting on.

For example, given a 2-node Win2003 Ent Server (MSCS, using Majority Node Set) with a shared disk from a FC SAN.  And with the physical servers named NODE1 (currently active node) & NODE2, and a virtual server named VNODE0], do I log into NODE1 or should I log into VNODE0?

Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nox
Level 4
since nbu is cluster aware i don't think it matters. that being said, i always installed from one of the nodes and i did my install from the active node and pushed to the 2nd node. i pretty much never install from the virtual name, but cluster aware apps should know which node you are on. just make sure to add both nodes when installing so it pushes to the 2nd one so you don't have to do it again. you will also need virtual nbu master server ip/name.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

nox
Level 4
since nbu is cluster aware i don't think it matters. that being said, i always installed from one of the nodes and i did my install from the active node and pushed to the 2nd node. i pretty much never install from the virtual name, but cluster aware apps should know which node you are on. just make sure to add both nodes when installing so it pushes to the 2nd one so you don't have to do it again. you will also need virtual nbu master server ip/name.