cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBU 6.5.2A Backup Instability - All Log Entry messages

SYM-AJ
Level 5

I am having issues with stability of backups under 652A (on W2K3), and notice many many entries as below on the ALL LOG ENTRIES report:

Error 0 General    gone out: NB API: GenericGetbpdbmErrorList() failed with status:25

Error 0 General    BPCDConnectionHolder: NB API: bpcr_connect_and_verify() failed with status:25

This second message can have status of 21/25/41

The first message is often repeated up to 40 times per second throughout the log, with the second one more infrequently.

I have one master and three media servers, SSO deployed with 8 drives (2 libraries) shared.

What are these entries referring to ???

Any pointers appreciated.

AJ. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Symptoms: Problems report shows the following entry repeated every 25 seconds for my master server
BPCDConnectionHolder: NB API: bpcr_connect_and_verify() failed with status:25. Special Error Code: 0

NOM server is running in the environment.

Workaround:
Shutdown the NOM server and the entries stopped.

Can't pin down when it started.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

frannava
Level 2
Partner Accredited
I see the same problem in one client with 6.5.3.1, this messages appear many times in the nbproxy log file

rj_nbu
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Hi,

do you see bpdbm utilizing 100% cpu, or high memory usage when running the all log entries ?

Are you using NOM or any other reporting tool to monitor jobs ?

-Rajeev

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
We are seeing the same error on a Solaris master server on NBU 6.5.3.
Yes, Rajeev - NOM and VBR are running in our environment. Are you saying the master server might be experiencing comms problems with NOM and/or VBR server(s)? The error message does not reflect the hostname or IP address that it has problems with : " <master>   Error   0   General   BPCDConnectionHolder:  NB API: bpcr_connect_and_verify() failed with status:25". Any idea how to find out which one?

sleven
Level 2
We seem to be having similar problems to the above:

BPCDConnectionHolder: NB API: bpcr_connect_and_verify() failed with status:46

repeated constantly in logs...

NBU 6.5.3.1 Linux master red hat 5.1

Anonymous
Not applicable
Also seeing an increase in these recently.

(date time) (master) - BPCDConnectionHolder: NB API: bpcr_connect_and_verify() failed with status:25. Special Error Code: 0

Am also running NOM 6.5.4 on Windows 2003 Server

(Environment in signature)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Symptoms: Problems report shows the following entry repeated every 25 seconds for my master server
BPCDConnectionHolder: NB API: bpcr_connect_and_verify() failed with status:25. Special Error Code: 0

NOM server is running in the environment.

Workaround:
Shutdown the NOM server and the entries stopped.

Can't pin down when it started.

sleven
Level 2
Awesome! cheers Mate