cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBU 6.5, VMware intergration, Failed to get VM Server Info List.

Emanuele_Pola
Level 3
Partner
Hi @ all,
 i've  installed  the NetBackup 6.5 (master+media), i'va also installed on it the vmware VCB 1.0.3 framework because it
is my vmvare proxy. I've installed the enterprise client license, configured who is the vmware proxy, and who is the
vmware virtual center with the correct user / password.
The Virtual center verision is 2.0.2, the version of my 4 esx server is 3.0.2.

When i try to schedule (using snapshot wizard) a vmware backup the configuration failed to get the list of virtual
machine from virtual center with status "Failed to get VM Server List".
Into virtual center log i can seed "User xxx log-in" and after 10/15 sec "User xxx log-out".
If i try to delete the virtual center host form netbackup account config and enter one of my esx server it works and
show me the vm machine working on it.

Any idea what could be wrong?

Best regards
22 REPLIES 22

Dion
Level 6
Certified
There seems to be quite a lot of reasons for this error - one that helped me was that the proxy/master needs to be able to resolve the name of the clients.  Even if the clients are not contactable via the network they should at least be able to resolve the name via DNS or host file.

Jonathan_Martin
Level 4
I ran into the error 13 and called support.  If you are listing servers off a VC besure to use DOMAIN\USERNAME and change the port number to 443.  Port 902 is for the Virtual Hosts.

-Jonathan

Anonymous
Not applicable
There is a VMware connect timeout value relating to VMware Policies that you can increase in the Administration Console under View > Options.. Policies tab

Some comments say increase to 300 or try smaller increments first.

Mainly though target your VCB Proxy server and create debug log directory

..\NetBackup\logs\bpVMutil

In here is the results of the query to the ESX host or VirtualCenter.

Furthermore make sure your Administration Console is at the latest version as it updates the Virtual Machine dialog box with some options to refresh the list of VM's or to just reread the previous list obtained.

I was at 6.5.0 Admin Console, my Master at 6.5.1, once i updated my PC to 6.5.1 this dialog appeared, give you more choices, than go out every time.

And this is what this debug log above is capturing. It is running the VCB executable 'vcbvmname' on the proxy. Which you can run manually also.

Be careful if on a 64 bit OS, or see some of my other posts, I have just updated to 6.5.2 and it has cleared all my issues with VCB backups while on ESX3.5