cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBU 6 Pre Release Info

Vince_Corona
Level 4
Does anyone know or have any information to share regarding NetBackup 6? We are a BackupExec shop that recently purchased NBU 5.1. Obviously, the shock from going from the easy to administrate BackupExec to NB is concerning.
3 REPLIES 3

Robert_Haig
Level 2
I can highly reccomend the training. I did the 4.5 training suite (5 day class) and came out of it with all my questions answered and able to execute all our needs.

I also am waiting on some nbu6 details to leak. We're looking for improvements in the NDMP client. Talk to your Veritas sales rep. Ours promised me some details, but that was late last week.

Richard_Bannist
Level 5
I too recommend the training, however i first met NetBackup 5yrs ago as a complete newbie at version 3.1.1 when it had been left broken by my predecessor. I spent months quietly learning, tweaking, raising the odd support call until everything made sense. Then i went on the Enterprise course, must have been version 3.4. I only came away with 2minor things i didn't know. But my point is i was lucky (and crazy) to fight with it first, learn it the hard way; i looked at the course subjectively and it was a great course. Didn't go on the advanced course as spent about another couple years messing and learning more; With the right training it's not too daunting a product, however like most products, as time goes on more bloat (sorry, features) are added, making it appear more daunting

if any of that makes sense !Message was edited by:
Richard Bannister

Todd_Stewart
Level 2
I have a person in the office who is moving toward NBU from Backup Exec and he is experiencing similar pains.

I have also and do recommend the Veritas training. It's well worth taking the 5 day course.

As for NBU 6.0, if you aren't getting anywhere with your Sales rep, Veritas Vision 2005 is right around the corner and there will be lots of information on NBU 6.0 around then.

I'm still waiting to see if they are going to actually remove the links to the old commands this time around and I'm interested in the integration of BMR into NBU 6.0