cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBU 7.6 and ALTPATH

SYMAJ
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I have a site recently upgraded from 7506 to 7602, and as they had installed NBU on the C drive they subsequently added ALTPATH touchfiles to relocate the image files to an alternate location.

I have read a number of forum entries relating to this and am not fully comfortable with my understanding of these.

The ALTPATH is functioning for clients already being backed up and which have the ALTPATH entry in the original db\images folder, but how do I best handle new clients which are added to the environment.  The technote referred to from Mark S discussed a registry entry for the location of the DB path - however this doesn't appear to exist in 7.6.

In summary, is there a way I can specify a 'default' overriding ALTPATH or do we need to add one for each new client as they are introduced to the NBU environment ?

AJ

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Symantec has removed the TN with registry info because it was creating issues during upgrades.

Unfortunately ALTPATH must be created for each client (old and new) to write catalog info in new folder.

Without ALTPATH entry, the new client's image info will be written in images folder on the C-drive.

The alternative is to mount the new drive on the images folder in C-drive.

I have not personally seen anyone doing that, but it has been suggested in similar forum discussions, e.g:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/need-change-image-db-path

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Symantec has removed the TN with registry info because it was creating issues during upgrades.

Unfortunately ALTPATH must be created for each client (old and new) to write catalog info in new folder.

Without ALTPATH entry, the new client's image info will be written in images folder on the C-drive.

The alternative is to mount the new drive on the images folder in C-drive.

I have not personally seen anyone doing that, but it has been suggested in similar forum discussions, e.g:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/need-change-image-db-path

SYMAJ
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Thanks Marianne.