cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBU_db2.conf_Objecttype Archive_statement missing.

taolv
Level 3

Dear friends, could you please assist.
[enviroment]
Redhat enterprise server release 6.10, NBU v7.7.3, DB2 Enterprise Server Edition 10.5

[db2.conf]
In this config file, there are object identifier statements for backing up databases only, NO "Objecttype Archive" statements.

[backup scripts]
In this script, “db2 backup db xxxx online load /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/lib include logs” is coded.

[question]

was archive logs backed up with this configuration, or how to verify the result?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Hi taolv,

As per my understanding, logs are generated continuously and probably not all the logs are backed up with your method.

(The logs generated after will not be backed up and still may require for complete recovery )

It is better to check from the DB2 side. There might be commands to check which logs were backed up and not.

My recommendation is to go with the documented archivelog backup method.

Regards,

Sandaru

View solution in original post

Gooday Sandaru,

Appreciate your assistant on my question. I will talk to the DBA.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

sandaru
Level 3

Hi, 

INCLUDE LOGS option will contain the logs that are generated during the time that the backup is performed

To backup archivelogs, the recommended way is to go with OBJECTTYPE ARCHIVE.

There are two methods available to backup archivelogs. 

1. Vendor Method

2. User Exit Method

I prefer to use VENDOR Method personally. Please go through the NetBackup for DB2 documentaion for exact procedure.

NBU 7.7: https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/doc/ka6j0000000BPxCAAW

NBU 10.2: https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/doc/16222484-160053440-0/id-SF0A0166207-160053440

I would suggest to upgrade your environment as soon as possible since your OS, NetBackup and probably the DB2 versions are already out of support.

Regards,

Sandaru

Hi sandaru,

So in my configuration, archive logs are not backed-up?

( "with logs" are specified with the absence of "OBJECTTYPE ARCHIVE") 

Hi taolv,

As per my understanding, logs are generated continuously and probably not all the logs are backed up with your method.

(The logs generated after will not be backed up and still may require for complete recovery )

It is better to check from the DB2 side. There might be commands to check which logs were backed up and not.

My recommendation is to go with the documented archivelog backup method.

Regards,

Sandaru

Gooday Sandaru,

Appreciate your assistant on my question. I will talk to the DBA.