Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBU java to master server is not connecting

vvbazaz
Level 2
Partner Accredited

hi 

I have linux server were i had installed netbackup master server also intsall netbackup java console on windows 2008 server, when i am trying to conect through NBU java to master server it is not conneting

can any one tell me any configuration or any seting required on NBU master server or windows server where installed java console?

**** Moved to new discussion from https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/unable-login-netbackup-master-server-through-java-con...  by Mvdb ****

2 REPLIES 2

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Please tell us what "not connecting" means.

Are you seeing the same error as the one where you posted?

Which NBU and patch version on the Linux server?

Which NBU Java version and patch level on the W2008 server?

Have you confirmed hostname lookup at OS level to Linux server? Does 'ping <master-server-name>' work?

Is Windows firewall disabled on W2008 server?

I have Java console installed on my Windows 7 laptop - All I did was to disable UAC and Windows Firewall. 
My laptop and our Linux server are on DNS, so hostname lookup is fine.
I installed  Java and patched to same level as master server - all working fine. 

ontherocks
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
  • Java/Windows admin consoles to master and media servers requires the TCP ports for vnetd/13724 and PBX/1556, bi-directional. 
  • Check if you are able to connect on the above mentioned TCP/IP ports.
  • Which login id you are using for logging on to Java console ? Is it a local ID or domain ID ?
  • If you are using a domain ID then I suggest you to create one local id on the master server.
  • add details of same in auth.conf file. /usr/openv/java/auth.conf
  • Try to login again. It will work.