cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBU6.0 Upgrade NB Vault Services will not start

Steve_Bally
Level 4
All,

After I upgraded my test environment (5.1 MP5), in preparation for the production upgrade, the vault service will not start; it starts and then immediately stops, and causes the console to hang as well.

The license key is installed, services and the server have been restarted, but it still has the same results.

This is a Windows 2003 Master/ Media server, the hardware can be seen, from the OS perspective all looks good. The event log has the following entries, but not sure where to go with it.

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( NetBackup Vault Manager ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service has been stopped.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
2 REPLIES 2

Phong_Thai
Level 4
I had the same problem when I upgraded to 6.0.

Try to delete vault.xml in \VERITAS\NetBackup\db\ and then start the Vault Manager Service.

This resolved the problem for me. I got this work around from another forum user.

kavita_gavankar
Level 2
Yes, you are correct. That is the only way delete the vault.xml and restart the Vault manager service.
There is formal technote for this issue at Veritas site.

Thanks.