cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NDMP backups from EMC Isilon backup and restore auth, unable to access if i do alternate path

RaymT___
Level 4

Hello All,

We are performing backup and restore test of isilon shares. backup works fine.

Able to access restored files and folders if i perform to " orginal path".

If i do alternate path, nobody can access. even server admin/backupadmin cannot access. Im not sure how the restore authenticaton works? any settings or authntication need to provide in isilon side?

isilon host is configured with backupadmin id under NDMP credentials.

soruce and target are same filer only path is different.

Source: /ifs/data/logs/123.log

Target : /ifs/data/logs/Restore/123.log     ---> restore completed with no errors, but unable to access this Restore folder to see the restored file of 123.log

Any advise?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Amol_Nair
Level 6
Employee

Was just curious to know if the path exists on the Filer or not

/ifs/data/logs/Restore

The NDMP restore job initiated from NetBackup would not create the destination folder. It must exist on the Filer prior to the restore and you would need to ensure that "backupadmin" i.e. the user used in NetBackup has full permissions on this folder.

Are you able to access the path (/ifs/data/logs/Restore) directly from the Filer prior to the restore?

Is it that you are able to access the path before the restore and just after the restore the path is not accessible?

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Amol_Nair
Level 6
Employee

Was just curious to know if the path exists on the Filer or not

/ifs/data/logs/Restore

The NDMP restore job initiated from NetBackup would not create the destination folder. It must exist on the Filer prior to the restore and you would need to ensure that "backupadmin" i.e. the user used in NetBackup has full permissions on this folder.

Are you able to access the path (/ifs/data/logs/Restore) directly from the Filer prior to the restore?

Is it that you are able to access the path before the restore and just after the restore the path is not accessible?