cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NDMP setup

Andrew_Hutchins
Level 3

Hello,

I have a similar problem but with attempting to setup an NDMP host for our Netapp.

I get the error Unable to set connection credential for media server (master server) Authorization error, Verify username/password (101).

As of yet i have been unable to use the tpconfig command on the server. Is there any other settings required to set this up? Also how can i confirm that NDMP is installed/enabled within Netbackup?

Unfortunately I have been brought in to look at this after the original engineer left.

Best Regards.

Originally reference: https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/issue-adding-ndmp-host

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew_Hutchins
Level 3

Apologies, i get an erro when trying to run the nbemmcmd -listhosts command.

I believe i may have had a breakthrough though. I removed then re-added the NDMP host and when i ran the verify command it verified without issue.

I have now modified the backup policy and it is running.

Thank you very much for your help with this issue.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

NDMP license installed & not expired on NetBackup?

Which NetBackup version?

"As of yet i have been unable to use the tpconfig command on the server" - limited access?

Andrew_Hutchins
Level 3

We are using Netbackup 7

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH127075

altho' the tpconfig command isn't actually covered in it, but there is another command for verification of same:

tpautoconf -verify ndmp_hostname

I also presume you have confirmed correct username & password?

Andrew_Hutchins
Level 3

I have seen the Netbackup for NDMP Admin Guide?

I have tried both commands after selecting run as administrator when starting cmd

both commands get the same 'is not recognized as an internal or external command'

We only have one root user for the netapp server which we have verified is correct.

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

Where/how are you trying to run the commands?

Both are located in install_path\Volmgr\bin .....

Andrew_Hutchins
Level 3

I have managed to run the command to add the NDMP Host for the Netapp from the previous thread however when running the above command i get the error

This NDMP hostname does not exist.

Is there more i need to do?

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

You've run

tpconfig -add -nh netapp_host -user_id userid -password password

succcessfully?

But the command

tpautoconf -verify netapp_host

fails with:

This NDMP hostname does not exist.
NDMP failed to verify host

Does it show up when you run

nbemmcmd -listhosts

***EDIT***
This latter command is in install_path\NetBackup\bin\admincmd

Andrew_Hutchins
Level 3

That's correct, when i ran the command

tpconfig -add -nh netapp_host -user_id userid -password password

The netapp displayed in the NDMP Hosts list

I then ran the

tpautoconf -verify netapp_host

And got the above error

I get the message 'This command supports only the options: -console, -maintenance and -terminate'

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

Which command's that? Do not relate to tpconfig, tpautoconf nor nbemmcmd from what I can see....

Can you confirm you can see it when you run nbemmcmd -listhosts (sorry but I'm not clear whether you could see it just in the GUI or in response to my earlier request)

Andrew_Hutchins
Level 3

Apologies, i get an erro when trying to run the nbemmcmd -listhosts command.

I believe i may have had a breakthrough though. I removed then re-added the NDMP host and when i ran the verify command it verified without issue.

I have now modified the backup policy and it is running.

Thank you very much for your help with this issue.

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

That would've been my next suggestion - been trying it here with a combination of tpconfig -add/-update, nbemmcmd -addhost/-deletehost, tpautoconf -verify & only issues I had were a typo in the password (hence the tpconfig -update).