cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOM 6.5

Josh_Goodin
Level 4
built new NOM server for 6.5 and when I try to log in, I recieve the following error:

Could not connect to the server.
Please verify the below services are running
1. VxAT server (latest shipped version)
2. Database service
3. VxAM service

I followed the directions for setup and it will not work.
15 REPLIES 15

Josh_Goodin
Level 4
I found in the documentation how this happens, but now when I go to correct it, I receive the following error:

C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Security\Authentication\bin>vssat setispbxexchflag -enable

vssat populateCommandMap ERROR V-18-7002 Unrecognized tokens found.
-enable

C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Security\Authentication\bin>

heman85
Level 3
I have the same error. I upgrading from NOM6.0 to 6.5 I upgrade the client to 6.5 and receive this error:

2. Database service
3. VxAM service

I followed the directions for setup and it will not work.

Any Help? Thanks

John_Parsons
Level 3

I've had another go at getting NOM working in my NBU environment having left it several months.  THat was back at version 6.0 of NBU but now I'm running 6.5.2.

No matter how I install NOM and associated apps I get the same error at the logon screen detailed in the above posts.  I've tried installing it all on my master server with no success and have now just setup a virtual machine (win2K3 Web Edition) running the NBU client still with no success:

• Installed NBU client and updated to 6.5.2
  • Installed Sym Authentication (VxAT) v4.3.37 - Complete install & no passwords set
  • Installed Sym Authorization v4.3.19 - Saw in another thread that Sym Supp say to install this
  • Installed NOM v6.5 - complete install config left as default

I still get the errors and am getting fed up with the whole thing.

I then updated NOM to 6.5.2 which I had fogotten to do and now only get an error:

2. Database service

I am trying to login as admin with password of Vxadmin (default I believe) to the domain 'broker@servername (vx)'.

What is the Database service it is complaining about?  I've only just downloaded the VxAT verion and assumed it WAS the latest.

Cheers

John

guimove
Level 2

Hi,

I have found the "latest" version here:

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/304404.htm

But now I'm getting this error:

Application initialization failed. The database credentials could not be retrieved from the NOM server.

Still looking to make it work...

cfreiling
Level 4

Have any of you received the following error:

HTTP Status 404 - /nom

type Status report

message /nom

description The requested resource (/nom) is not available.

Apache Tomcat/4.1.24

I've gone through the docs for troubleshooting (worthless) and no help. I'm downloading the 6.5.2 update, hopeing this will help. If I get any where I'll post more.

Per_Holmgren
Level 4

Hi

We have the same problem when the NOM server is re-booted. I always have to stop the NOM service, wait 30 sec and then start the service again. Wait another 30 sec and then I'm able to login. I even made my own cmd files on the server to stop & start NOM.

\Program Files\VERITAS\NetBackup Operations Manager\bin\admincmd\nomadmin.bat -stop_service

\Program Files\VERITAS\NetBackup Operations Manager\bin\admincmd\nomadmin.bat -start_service

Hope this works for you.

John_Parsons
Level 3

My particular issue was resolved a little while ago.  After logging a call with Symantec TechSupp I spent a lot of time trying to figure out what was wrong, I eventually tracked it down to an installed component of Symantec Endpoint Protection!!!  Uninstalling the Device & Application component on SEP on my test server completely resolved the issue.

Cheers

John

kumar17
Level 3

Hi,

Check whether the nom server is in the domain, and check the timing, it is somewhat the NTP client problem, i also faced the same problem, after rejoining the domain nom server works fine,

Rgds

kumar

cfreiling
Level 4

Thanks for all the information, I installed the lastest update 6.5.2 for NOM and it is working now.

Again thanks..

cfreiling
Level 4

I've spoke too soon. I'm receiving the following error.

2. Database service
3. VxAM service

I've done the other suggestion that were given to me, but I still receive the error above. This is no matter how I try to log in to it.

Message Edited by cfreiling on 11-24-2008 09:18 AM

cfreiling
Level 4

Update:

I've found out that NOM should not be installed on the master server, so I have installed it on a different server and have installed the proper services and products, now I get the following error.

2. Database service

For the life of me I can not figure out why it continues to ask about VxAT server, I've installed everything that the docs ask to install.

Also, the Netbackup Operations Manager Server shutsdown after it is started. I've noticed the following error in the event log.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: VRTSnomSrvr
Event Category: None
Event ID: 4096
Date:  11/28/2008
Time:  3:10:43 PM
User:  N/A
Computer: RMSERVER
Description:
The Java Virtual Machine has exited with a code of 12, the service is being stopped.

I've looked online for this code 12 and can not find anything. Java VM is updated to Java 2 Runtime Environment SE, v4.2_17 and J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 15.

Any thoughts?

Laurent_Schafft
Not applicable
Employee Accredited
Note that the installation order is very important :

NBU client
VxAT (Complete install)
NOM

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6
You MUST install the ICS files BEFORE you install NOM.
If you do that correctly it should work just fine.

jnardello
   VIP    Certified
I actually ran into that exact Java shutdown problem during my NOM reinstallation just yesterday, precisely because I'd installed VxAT after installing NOM.

Backed out the NOM installation, reinstalled it, and it was finally happy. =) 

T_N
Level 6
check http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/309181.htm

I had same problem, I followed their instructions but it din't work then I should uninstall and reinstall NOM & AT again