Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Name convention for Volume pools

Joseph_TKLee
Level 4

Hello,

I am a new user of netbackup.

I have read the netbackup manual for several name conventions for volume pools.

If possible, please share your current name convention for volume pools so I can reference.

Or, give me any advices for this.

I believe sometimes best learning is from best example.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

hi ,

name conventions always prefer to have easyliy understandable and easy to reffer..

so based on your enviornment needs you can deside, your vaulting also plays a role here.

Full 

Incr 

Offsite

Onsite

critical

DMZ

database

Standard

most common names i have,, you can use if you want.. but make sure those are esaily conivinging your enviornment needs

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Joseph_TKLee
Level 4
Just found the docu below from Symantec. About naming conventions for volume pools and groupsHow you name pools and groups can help you (and others) organize and more easily identify media if you have to recover data after a disaster. Use the conventions as follows: •For volume pools, try to identify the purpose or data in the pools. For example, Vaulted_Payroll, Vaulted_CustomerDB, 1_month_vault, and 7_year_vault are descriptive volume pool names. •For Vault catalog backups, use an easily identified name for the catalog volume pool (such as Vault_Catalog_Backups). •For off-site volume groups, use names that indicate the physical location of the data, such as offsite_volume_group

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

hi ,

name conventions always prefer to have easyliy understandable and easy to reffer..

so based on your enviornment needs you can deside, your vaulting also plays a role here.

Full 

Incr 

Offsite

Onsite

critical

DMZ

database

Standard

most common names i have,, you can use if you want.. but make sure those are esaily conivinging your enviornment needs

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Volume pool name must be less than or equal to 20 characters.