cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help on notify scripts.

pv_ramesh71
Level 3
Hi

I have a requirement and would like to take all your help in resolving the issue.

We have a NetBackup Master server running with 6.5 on Solaris 10 platform.  We have multiple clients consisting of Windows, solaris and linux.  On one of the client (linux) the backup runs daily incremental and wkly full.

The requirement, since this is very critical one and i need to send the status of the backup ( either successful or not,if it is failed should be known the status code).  I would like to automate this process.  I was going through the documentation and i have noticed that we can do this using netbackup's notfy scripts.

I need your help on which notifiy script to be used.  And the usage with an example.  It should send a mail to all stake holders.  What are the pre-requesite required to meet the requirement.

Requirement: -

Policy name :- store - daily ( need information on the status ( either successfuly or not) and if it fails with error code) on client A
Policy name :- Store-wkly ( need information on the status ( either successfuly or not) and if it fails with error code) on client A

Please provide with an example.

Rgds
PVR
3 REPLIES 3

lu
Level 6
You can start to modify /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/backup_exit_notify In the end of this script just comment out the line "# cat $OUTF | mail" and put the email address.

pv_ramesh71
Level 3

Well i have copied that scripts and passed 6 parameters what  the script is looking.  For testing i have used completed backup status and i have received the correct information.  The only thing i would like to know is how do we pass the stream number as 6th parameter, if i want do it automatically.  Will bpsched will pass the stream no?  Please do let me know.

lu
Level 6
Yes all the 6 parameters are passed by netbackup.