cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to install NBU agent in NAS Box

Rithesh
Level 4
HI All,

I have LACI NAS box, in which i try am pushing nbu agent-but failed showing can't connect client.
It doesn't have any console or interface to install the agent locally.

Please advice

Thanks
Ritz
4 REPLIES 4

Jim_Horalek
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified
Lacie's are usually running embedded windows xp. You may be able to gain access using the Remote Desktop Client from another windows client. As to whether you'll be able to install the Windows Xp client, I don't know.

jnardello
   VIP    Certified
Does it support NDMP ? 

John_Stockard
Level 5
Partner Certified

As jnardello suggested above, the best option to backup the data on the LaCie NAS device is to use NDMP, if the LaCie device supports it.

If it doesn't support NDMP, your second-best option would be to backup the data on the NAS device via the CIFS shares or NFS exports that it presents to your hosts.

Installing the NetBackup client directly on the LaCie box seems unlikely to succeed, and the embedded version of Windows XP is not listed on the OS compatibility list for NetBackup.  (The only flavors of Windows XP that are supported are Windows XP Professional and Windows XP Professional x64 Edition.)

Android
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
LaCie's website has no mention of NDMP for any of it's NAS box's. 

It merely mentions the NAS box as a place to back up your other machines.  And then mentions backing up the NAS via USB to other divices. 

I think your only option here is to remotely mount the NAS device via CIFS or NFS to another NBU client and backup the data that way.  Not the best of scenarios but it will work.