cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackUp 6.5.4 Percentage Complete not showing

JSzeto
Level 4

As titled.

All I did was recreating some policies and volume pool assigning.

Also, I remember I did turn on and off some logging levels in master and media servers properties.

Please advise.

7 REPLIES 7

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

If the latter, probably due to the changes you made to the policy - as far as it's concerned it's never done that backup before & therefore does not have a benchmark from which to work from to calculate its %complete.

You'll probably find that when you run that backup again it will show a valid %complete.

JSzeto
Level 4

Its not showing. I guess I will have to check it out again next week since I have made 1 policy for each day of the week.

I will update next week, thanks.

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

Is the column there? Can you supply a screenshot?

"1 policy for each day of the week." - how come? Could you not use one policy with different schedules for each day? Let us know what you're wanting to achieve, maybe it could be done differently?

JSzeto
Level 4

The column is there, but it never shows the percentages(not even 0%) until it's finished (100%).

Basically there are 2 exchange servers(clients) under 2 media servers under 1 master server. Let's call client server A and B.

I have made 10 policies which are listed as ServerA_Mon, ServerB_Mon, ServerA_Tues, ServerB_Tues, etc.

In addition to that, I have made 10 volume pools designed for each policy (ServerA_Mon, ServerB_Mon, etc.)

Since ServerA usually(twice a week) take more than 24 hours to complete it's backup job, the purpose of the 10 policies is to avoid the same tape being used on next policy.

There has been a significant difference in terms of backup speed (kb/sec) between the 2 and I have no clue where the bottleneck is..

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Rather add multiple SCHEDULES to the SAME policy and select pool in the schedule.

Backups in different policies will all be evaluated independently (as per Andy's 1st reply).  Incrementals will also run as full if there is no Full Schedule in the same policy.

JSzeto
Level 4

Thanks but what if my client servers are the exchange servers? And the jobs are backing up daily log files from each storage groups(There are 4 SGs on each exchange server) ?

It seems that my backup jobs do not get benefit from incremental backups or correct me if I am totally off the track ..

TempoVisitor
Level 4

In the image database, ...NetBackup\db\images\<client>\<TimeStamps>\
2 files are created at the end of a job backup.
The smallest one is plaintext metadata.

5th line : KBYTES 6303776
8th line frmo bottom : ESTIMATED_KBYTES 7564531

This estimation is made for the NEXT job, and is exactly 1,20 * KBYTES (or +20% if you prefer).

1st time a job is done, there is no statistic to be based on.

Next time, when NetBackup found where to place the images file, regarding the cilent name, policy name, and schedule type, it just has a look at this value in the most recent file.

Imagine what stupid value you could get from sequent Incremental jobs !